Chapter 20- Falling For A Thug

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return. But what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel.

~Monique~

Trey- I can't even began to explain how sorry I am for not being there for you.. I had no idea but I wish you would've just told me? You should know by now that I'd do anything to make sure you're okay.. but thank you for filling me in. You'll always be my little sister so don't forget I'm always here. You're never alone, if you need anything don't hesitate to call me, love you.

thank you, that means a lot. and I'm sorry also for not saying anything :( didn't want to be a bother, but love you too. thank you for today, I missed you.

Trey- nah, you'll never be a bother to me, and you have nothing
to be sorry for. but I'll check up on you later, missed you too.

Yesterday when me and Trey hung out, I decided to fill him in on everything that's been happening. Of course it was hard to talk about but I felt like he deserved to know. After all, he was the one that was there before Blaze and it would be wrong if I just forgot about him and left him in the dark.

Blaze was supposed to come here last night but he didn't.. now it was two o clock the next day and I hadn't heard from him. He hasn't texted me back, or answered any of my calls so I decided to let him be. I guess he just didn't want to talk.

"You feel like coming with me to the store?" my dad asked, poking his head in the door.

"Sure, just let me get dressed," I told him. I went in the bathroom and stripped down to take a quick shower.  When I got out, I put on my undergarments, got dressed in shorts and a tank top then looked in the mirror. My bruises were starting to fade away and I was slowly beginning to look better.

My eyes weren't as tired as they used to be, my skin tone was glowing and I looked healthier than I've ever been. But then there's that one scar on my waist that ruins everything. I looked down and gently rubbed my fingertips against it. Tears pricked my eyes as I remembered how I got it.

There were two soft knocks on my bathroom door before it slowly opened. I looked up through watery eyes to see my dad walking in.

"You okay?" he asked and I nodded my head and wiped my face, following him out.

"Yeah, let me just put my shoes on and I'll be ready," I told him as I slipped on a pair of sandals. I grabbed my phone and headed out of my room.

When we pulled up to the store, we got out and headed inside. He had his arm around me as we walked in so I leaned into him.

"Are you feeling better?" I shrugged.

"A little," I mumbled, looking at all the clothes.

"I need to buy a new suit for a meeting that I have tomorrow, you can go look at some clothes if you want?" he suggested, I nodded my head okay and told him that I would meet up with him later.

I just went shopping for clothes the other day so I wasn't really interested in buying anything else, I don't know how much more clothes my closet can take.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Monique," I heard a voice say. I turned around and saw that it was Sasha, Blaze's ex.

"What do you want?"