Chapter 39- Falling For A Thug

I'll ride with you through bullshit. Just don't bullshit me.

~Mookie~

"Why are you up? It's six in the morning," I groaned to Blaze as I buried myself under the covers to hide my eyes from the light.

"I have stuff to do today. The earlier I start, the faster I can get home," he explained. I peeped my head out and looked at him to see that he was putting medicine on his stitches.

"Does it hurt?" I asked softly, he shrugged.

"Kinda but.. not too much," he answered as he slid a bright baby blue polo shirt over his head before he pulled up his white jeans.

"What do you have to do?"

"Uhh, I gotta go check all the traps, make sure my money straight, make a few phone calls then check out the new house. I want to be moved in by the end of this week," he informed me.

"What are you gonna do with this house?" he shrugged.

"My dad can keep it," he replied as he walked in the closet to grab his white shoes.

"Wait, you're leaving me here alone?" I asked him as I sat up and looked at him confused. He stopped what he was doing to look up at me.

"Yes? As soon as my dad drop off Daniella to school he coming here. You'll be alright," he assured me, I shook my head.

"Can you atleast call Chad to come? Or Jermaine? I don't feel comfortable staying here alone," he sighed.

"No I'm not calling them. Just go back to sleep and by time you wake up, my dad will be here. Nobody is going to bother you Mookie."

"You don't know that, anything could happen. And if you're not going to call them can you at least lay with me until I fall back asleep?" I asked him, I just wanted someone here with me. Especially after what just happened.

"No, I gotta go-"

"Please? Just for a few minutes," I begged. He rubbed his hand over his face and eventually gave in. He turned the lights back off and crawled in bed with me after removing his shoes. "You so spoiled."

"Oh well," I shrugged as I snuggled into his arms.

"I can't sleep," I told him after a few minutes of silence.

"Well you better find a way to make yourself sleepy cause I gotta go dammit," he said causing me to laugh.

"It's not that easy.... Wanna watch a movie with me? We can watch brotherly love-"

"Mookie, I have shit to do today baby. If I didn't then I would stay and watch any movie you want but I can't."

"Fine then, go ahead and leave," I told him as I moved out of his arms. He stared at me blankly before sitting up to get out of the bed. Quickly, I grabbed his arm and pulled him back to me. "Wait no, don't leave yet," I said with a laugh causing him to groan.

"Your mood swings are going to give me whiplash," he joked as I pulled him on me with him being cautious of my belly.

"You love me though," he rolled his eyes.

"I guess."

"You guess?" I asked grabbing a fistful of his hair to hold his head back, he laughed.

"I'm playing, I'm playing! You know that I loved you," he promised as he placed multiple kisses on my face and neck causing me to laugh and squirm under him.

"I better be," I said once we calmed down. It was quiet in the room as we just stared at each other in the eyes. I don't know what he was thinking about, but all I could think about was our time in New York when I lost my virginity to him. Just thinking about it put butterflies in my stomach and made me want to relive the moment.