Chapter 14

Krish was finally ready in his light green kurta and he saw Radhika scrolling reels on her phone. (Gautami ho ya Radhika, yeh aadat nhi jaane waali guys...)

Radhika: 'Aa gaye aap...Chalo...late ho raha hai...'

Krish: 'Chalo...'

They left for Radhika's home. Throughout the entire car ride, an awkward silence hung between them, as they struggled to find the right words to initiate a conversation. They didn't speak for the entire duration.

After almost 45 minutes, they arrived at Radhika's home. As Radhika's grandmother stood at the door, a gleam of joy illuminated Radhika's eyes, reminiscent of a young child presented with her favorite chocolate.

Krish also observed this heartwarming sight but refrained from displaying any immediate reaction. Radhika swiftly disembarked from the car and embraced her grandmother, triggering a surge of emotions in both of them.

Nani: 'Meri Radha....kaisi hai tu?'

Radhika: 'Mein ekdum theek hoon...aap kaise ho....?'

Nani: 'Mein bhi bilkul theek hoon...'

Krish observed the profound affection shared between Radhika and her nani, perceiving their deep emotional connection. Simultaneously, he became aware of the arduous nature of a girl's departure from her cherished family and beloved home. In the midst of these contemplations, Krish found solace as Radhika's nani approached him, gently stroking his head with a tender touch.

Nani: 'Kaise ho beta...?'

Krish: 'Mein theek hoon dadi...' (He halted his intention to touch her feet, but she gently embraced him, enveloping him in a warm and motherly hug.)

Nani: 'Chalo ab tum dono gate pe hi khade rahoge kya... Andar chalo...'

Ater stepping inside Radhika came entered into her Radha mode.

Radhika: 'Nani..yeh kya hai...meine aapko bola tha na ki apni dawaiyaan skip nahi karoge aur aapne pure ek din ki nahi khai hai....very bad...'

Nani: 'Aree...Radha...sorry na... shaadi ki bhaag daud mein bhool hi gayi...'

Radhika: 'Koi sorry nahi... abhi lo aap medicine... tab tak eain breakfast banati hoon...'

Nani helplessly agreed, and stormed out of the kitchen.

Nani: 'Tum na isse darna mat kabhi... varna aur zyada darayegi yeh...'

Krish: (While laughing) Yeh har time bhadki kyun rehti hai...Office mein bhi aisa hai iska...'

Nani: 'Kyunki beta kabhi hasne mazak karne wala koi tha hi nahi na...mein pure din job kia karti thi aur Radhika hamesha akeli rehti thi...akele rehne ki aisi aadat ho gayi hai isse...ki ab agar koi isse baat na bhi kare to koi zyada farak nahi padta isko... par mein jaanti hoon ki voh kitni akeli hai... par mein chahti hoon ki... jo akelapan ye bachpan se jhel rahi hai use tum door karo... shayad use tumme uske khoye huye sabhi rishte, sabhi dost mil jaaye...'

He was about to respond, but Radhika called them to the dinning room for the breakfast.

Following a pleasant afternoon of conversation and dining, Krish and Radhika bid farewell to nani and embarked on their way back home. 

As evening descended, they celebrated their wedding reception, with guests showering the newly married couple with blessings and well-wishes.

Amidst the joyful atmosphere, Krish and Radhika seemed entranced, absorbed in their private realm of emotions. After some time, Avinash and Aarohi arrived to extend their heartfelt congratulations as well.

Avinash: 'Congratulations Radhika and Krish...mein bahut khush ho tum dono ke liye...may you have a happy married life...'

Aarohi: 'Haan haan... tum hi bol lo saara... mere liye kuch bhi chodna mat...'

Krish: 'Yarr.. tum dono har time jhagda hi kyun karte rehte ho... kabhi normal insaano ki tarah bhi behave kar liya karo...'

Radhika: 'Exactly...yaar...jhagda kyu kar rahe ho?'

Both sheepishly smiled.

Radhika: 'Accha hume aap dono ko kuch batana hai...please hamari yeh baat maanlo...'

Avinash: 'Aree... pahle batao to sahi...?'

Krish: 'Hum dono chahte hain ki...is marriage ke baare mein office mein kisi ko pata na chale...'

Radhika: 'Aur humare office mein se to sirf aap dono hi yahan ho na...toh please aap dono kisi ko mat batana...'

Aarohi: 'Theek hai agar tum dono yahi chahte ho toh hume koi problem nahi hai...hum nahi bataayenge kisi ko bhi...'

Radhika and Krish: 'Thank you...'

Soon, the reception came to end and all the guests left.

In Krish's room, 

Krish changed into his regular attire while Radhika struggled with the hairpins in her black curly locks. Despite her efforts spanning almost half an hour, the pins remained stubbornly in place, resisting her attempts to remove them. Sensing her frustration, Krish took the initiative and offered his assistance.

Krish: 'Agar tumhe koi madad chahiye, toh you can tell me...'

Mallika: 'Nahi...it's okay....thanks.'

Krish: (in his thoughts) 'chodo jaane do...meine kyu pucha...huh...'

He reclined on the bed, engrossed in his phone, as another 15 minutes elapsed without any progress on Radhika's part. Eventually, realizing the lack of change in her predicament, Krish decided to leave the room.

Radhika: 'Oh god mein pagal ho jaaungi...kaise peecha chudaun is jhanjhat se...'

A while later, Maya appeared as her saviour

Maya: 'Bhabi koi help chahiye...?'

Radhika: 'Haan Maya... yeh pins dekho na....nikal hi nahi rahi...'

Maya: 'Koi bat nahi main hoon na...'

She helped her and finally got rid from that heavy hair style and everything...'

Radhika: 'Thank you so much Maya...agar tum nahi aati to mera pata nahi kya hota aaj...'(she sighed)

Maya: 'Aapke liye kuch bhi bhabhi...' (She hugged her)

After Maya left Krish came back and found Radhika arranging her blanket and pillow on the couch.

Krish: (in mind) 'How rude yarr...yeh apna ghar chod ke aayi hai...Aur mein isse couch pe sone de raha hoon...(his heart said) 'No nothing is rude... mera room hai to mein hi bed pe sounga' his mind said.

Krish:  'Kal se office bhi start ho rahi hai so be on time...'

Radhika: I know Mr. Mehra... And for your kind information mein humesha time pe hi hoti hoon...'

Krish: 'Huh.. good night...'

Radhika: 'GOOD NIGHT...(she said angrily and lied down on her couch and slept)