Chapter 31

They switched on the TV and saw that, whatever Krish told them was true.

The whole family went numb. They didn't expect this to happen with their kids, not even in their worst nightmare. All were crying for Radhika.

Krish got up slowly went to his room. . .

As soon as he stepped in, the fragrance of her perfume hits his nostrils.

All the memories of them together ran infront of his eyes like a video recording.

As he closed his eyes, a flood of cherished memories surged through his mind, playing like a vividly captured film. Each tender moment, every shared experience, spun before him in a kaleidoscope of emotions.

Overwhelmed, he gazed at the room around him, the sights blurred by teardrops that clung to his lashes. Seeking solace, he sank into the couch, clutching her pillow tightly to his chest, yearning for the warmth and comfort it once held.

Krish: 'Tum kyun mujhe chod ke chali gayi Radha...abhi toh mein tumhe samajhne laga tha...abhi to humare jhagde nok jhonk mein badle the...isse pehle ki hum ek dusre ko jaan paate tum mujhe chod kar hi chali gayi... Ab mein kisse jhagda karunga...Bread Pizza kiske liye banaunga...tumhe ye couch bohot pasand tha na, yahin baith ke tum chaand ko dekha karti thi...ab kaun dekhega...Ab mujhe...kha...khad...oos... kaun bulayega...ab mein khargosh kise kahunga...tum kyun chali gayi Radha...?'

Unbeknownst to him, exhaustion gradually claimed him, and he drifted into a slumber while seated on the couch, his embrace locked around her precious pillow.

Within the living room, an atmosphere of sorrow enveloped everyone.
Avinash attempted to console Krish's grieving father, while Aarohi and Krish's Mom struggled to comfort the tearful grandmothers, their efforts met with great difficulty.

Suddenly, all eyes turned towards the entrance, collectively struck with astonishment at the sight before them.

It was Radhika, standing there with a shockingly wounded appearance.

Bandages covered her head and right hand, while a sling pouch cradled her immobilized limb. With a delicate pace, she ventured into the living room, her expression carrying an innocent air. And in a soft voice, she inquired, leaving everyone stunned.

Radhika: 'Mumma, Papa, Nani, Aarohi, Bhai, Maya, kya hua... aap sab aise ro kyun rahe ho...sab theek hai na...aur Krish kahan hai... Vo theek hai na...?'

(Before she could speak anything more, both of grandmothers engulfed her in a tight and warm hug and caressed her head)

Nani: 'Tu theek hai na meri Radha...? (She asked, kissing her forehead and still in tears)

Radhika: 'Haan nani...'

Dadi: 'Tune to hamari jaan hi leli thi...' (She said, with tears in her eyes too)

Radhika: 'Par aap sab ro kyun rahe ho yeh toh batado...?'

Mom: 'Beta...hume news mili ki us building mein blast hogaya jis mein tum thi aur sab jo ander the... maare gaye...... isliye...' (She said still sobbing)

Radhika: 'Aree...Accha ab aap sab rona band karo...mein theek hoon na...dekho aapke samne khadi hoon...Chalo aansoo pochon sab...Papa aap bhi, Maya, Aarohi, bhai... aap bhi... aur please mujhe koi ye batado ki Krish kahan hai...Voh theek hai na... blast hua tha building mein... Kahin dikh nahi raha...' (She asked getting anxious)

Mom: 'Beta...voh bohot dukhi tha is sab ke baad...apne room mein hai...Tum jao...uske paas... tab tak mein khaana banati hoon...theek hai?'

(She nodded and left for her room)