Chapter 17

Radhika came downstairs and directly went to the kitchen and saw mumma and Maya preparing dinner.

Radhika: 'Mumma aap rehne do... mein bana deti hoon dinner...'

Mom: 'Nahi beta tum room main jao aur rest karo...'Radhika: 'Mumma...rest...?'

Mom: 'Tumhe kya laga tum mujhe nahi bataogi to mujhe pata nahi chalega ki tabiyat theek nahi hai tumhari...?'

Radhika: 'Par aapko kaise pata chala...?'

Mom: 'Kyunki mein maa hoon na... chehra dekhte hi sab pata chal jata hai...' (She said caressing Radhika's head)

Radhika: 'Koi baat nahi mumma main bana deti hoon na...aap baitho...'

Maya: 'Aree bhabi aap bua ki baaton ko serious mat lo vo aisi hi hain...Ab hum kisi ki mentality ko toh change nahi kar sakte na...aap jao rest karo....sach mein theek nahi lag rahe ho...'

Mom: 'Haan beta vaise bhi voh do din ke liye hi aayi hai to kya dil se lagana unki baat ko... tum jao room mein rest karo...tumhara khana mein bhijwa dungi...'

Radhika: 'Mumma and Maya..thank you so very much aap dono ko...' (She smiled subtly)

Mom: 'Mamma bhi bolti ho aur thank you bhi...acchi bat nahi hai... halo ab jao rest karo...'

As Radhika made her way towards the stairs, Krish coincidentally descended from them.

Suddenly, she was overwhelmed by a wave of dizziness, causing her to collapse abruptly.

Krish called out her name in alarm and hurried towards her.

Kneeling down, he held her head gently in his lap as she slipped into unconsciousness.

Her body felt feverish to the touch. Hearing Krish's distressed voice, his mother rushed over from the kitchen, followed by other family members.

Krish tenderly patted Radhika's face, desperately hoping for a response, yet she remained unresponsive.

Mom: 'Krish...kya hua Radhika ko...?'

Krish: 'Pata nahi mumma mein neeche aa raha tha toh dekha achanak hi gir padi... Dekho fever kitna zyada hai.... aankhe bhi nahi khol rahi...' (He said with concern evident in his voice)

Mom: 'Meine hi kaha tha ise rest karne jane ko... mujhe pahle hi uski tabiyat theek nahi lag rahi thi...'

Krish: 'Papa mein Radhika ko room main leke jata hoon aap doctor ko call karo jaldi...'

Krish swiftly carried Radhika into his room, gently laying her down on the bed. Meanwhile, the doctor arrived promptly.

Krish anxiously paced outside the room as the doctor examined her. After a tense wait of 15 minutes, the doctor emerged from the room.

Krish: 'Doctor, how is she now?'

Doctor: 'Unhe kaafi high fever hai...aur unhone subah se kuch bhi nahi khaya hai aur I think voh emotionally kaafi disturbed hain...meine injection de diya hai kuch der mein hosh aa jaayega... Ye kuch medicines hai...aap unhe time pe de dena...'

Krish: 'Thank you doctor...' (He said taking the medicines)

Doctor left.

Mom: 'Beta tum Radhika ke paas raho mein tum dono ke liye khana bhijvati hun Maya se...'

(He nodded)

Bua: 'Haan ab bimar hone ka sahi bahana hai....koi kam nahi karna padega...'

Upon hearing bua's words, a surge of anger coursed through Krish's veins, yet he managed to maintain his composure and restrain his emotions.

Everyone went down.

Krish entered the room and seated himself beside Radhika, gently placing cool damp wipes on her forehead to alleviate her fever.

Gradually, her temperature subsided, prompting him to quietly settle on the nearby couch, his gaze fixed upon her innocent countenance.

After a while, Radhika stirred, causing Krish to rise from his seat. With cautious anticipation, she gradually opened her eyes, finding an anxious expression before her.

It took her a moment to grasp the situation and realize that she was lying on the bed. She swiftly attempted to get up and step down from the bed, but Krish intervened, halting her in a composed manner.

Radhika: 'Sorry sorry....I don't know mein bed pe kaise so gayi... I'm really very sorry...'

Krish: 'Chup...Ek dum chup...'

She gazed at him with an expression of vulnerability, her eyes filled with innocence, silently appealing to him.

Krish: 'Kahin nahi jaa rahi ho tum... Chup chap yahan baitho aur yeh batao tum kaisa feel kar rahi ho ab...?'

Radhika: 'I am okay...'

Krish: 'Theek hai...baitho yahan...main khana leke ata hoon...She just looked at him... and he left to get dinner.

In Krish's absence, she noticed the presence of a bowl of water and a stack of wipes nearby. As Krish returned to the room, bringing 2 plates of food.

Krish: 'Yeh lo aur mere samne yeh khatam hona chahiye...'

He started eating his food and within minutes he was done but Radhika's plate was untouched.

Krish: 'Yeh kya... khaya kyu nahi abhi tak...?'

Radhika: 'Mujhe nahi khana...'

Krish: 'Kyun nahi khana...Aur agar khana nahi khaogi to main medicines kese dunga tumhe... (he said in concerned voice)

Radhika: 'Sorry but mujhe nahi khana...(she said in a hushed voice...)

Krish: 'Daant khaani hai...mumma abhi aa gayi na to tumhe to daant daant ke khilayenge hi saath mein ek dose mujhe bhi mil jaayegi...toh chup chap khalo. . .'

She still didn't touch the plate... So, finally he took the plate and started to feed her himself.

Krish: 'Chalo ab kripa karke daya dikhao thodi...aur yeh medicines khalo please.... Ab main thak gaya...' (Saying this, he sat on the couch)

Radhika: maine apko bhi pareshan kar diya na...... main hun hi esi koi mujhse khush nahi hota...sorry mein aapko aage se kabhi tang nahi karungi...(she took medicine and gulped with the help of water)

She was again about to get up from the bed,

Krish: Radhika kya hua hai... mein janata hoon koi bohot badi baat hai varna tumne aise kabhi behave nahi kiya...'

Radhika: 'Kuch nahi...Thanks aapne mere liye itna kuch kia... And sorry maine apko tang kia...'

Radhika rose from the bed and moved towards her own couch, choosing to lie facing away from Krish. Her unexpected behavior left Krish feeling both surprised and perplexed as he attempted to understand the reason behind her actions.

However, unable to discern any explanation, he focused instead on ensuring her well-being and peaceful sleep. After making sure, she slept, he too called it off for the night.