Chapter Five

(Third Person POV)

Y/N gave out a muffled groan as he began to wake up and felt like his entire body was beaten savagely with a hammer. The light was too bright for him and the beeping of a heartbeat monitor rang in his ear. Most of his body was covered in bandages including most of his face leaving his right eye with only some of his hair exposed.

With a mix of intensive medical care and some sorcery techniques Y/N's body was mostly melded back together but his left eye was gone for good and the left side of his face would permanently be marred with deep scars. His back and torso would also have deep permanent scarring but all of this damage felt fair to him for facing off against a special grade curse as a second grade sorcerer as well as what he learned during the fight.

Y/N tried to move only to find his body didn't have the strength to do so. He tried again and got his head to turn to see Gojo sitting beside the hospital bed. The sorcerer noticed Y/N was awake and let out a sigh of relief that his little brother was okay before hugging him.

Gojo: "Easy now, you got rag dolled by a special grade curse and should have been dead three times over with your injuries."

He stepped away and looked at the state of the blood sorcerer and shook his head.

Gojo: "I'll tell the others you're awake, everyone's been worried about you."

As he left Y/N saw the flowers and cards left by his classmates and many others who wished him well. Gojo came back handing the teen his phone while explaining what happened while he was fighting and unconscious.

In short Yuta managed to save everyone and beat Geto with the help of Rika as well as break the curse that was on her. Y/N was surprised but ultimately thankful that everyone got out of there safely even if he was the exception. Gojo looked down at his phone as Y/N sent his first message.

Y/N: (What happened to Geto?)

Gojo was silent for a moment and sighed.

Gojo: "I don't think we're going to hear from him any time soon. He did was to pass on a message to you though. He said that he wished he was there to guide you but that you have to walk your own path."

Y/N looked at the ceiling deep in thought before making a noise that Gojo recognized as chuckling despite the closed jaw and muffled mouth. The teen got back on his phone and sent another message.

Y/N: (I'll need to work a lot harder if I want to keep walking down said path. I want to be able to make this life a little easier for everyone else by the time I am either dead or retired.)

The blindfolded man smiled.

Gojo: "Then I'll be right behind you the entire way."

He got up and headed for the door before stopping.

Gojo: "Oh by the way, we have decided to set up a mission for you once you recover. If you succeed then you will be promoted to first grade."

Yuta was the first to visit him and was noticeably more happy now that Rika was freed. He filled his injured friend in on the detail of the fight saying if it wasn't for his and Maki's training he may not of survived the battle to which Y/N messaged him not to sell himself short.

Toge joked over the phone that he's going to enjoy the fact that someone is worse then him at verbal communication while it last earning him a light hearted middle finger.

Panda was overdramatic saying that he thought Y/N would never wake up, thus leaving him alone in this world. Y/N rolled his eye and texted Panda that he was glad everyone was okay.