Chapter Thirteen

(Third Person POV)

Mahito formed his hand into a blade and slashed at Y/N only for the Inverted Spear of Heaven to cut through his transformed hand before leaving a deep gash in the curse's chest following by a number of vicious stabs. The curse immediately moved back and threw three transfigured humans that charged the sorcerer while moaning in agony.

Y/N dodged a attack and cut the first one clean in half knowing killing them quickly was all he could do to end their suffering. Another tried to attack him head on as Mahito moved behind him to strike despite his initial injuries.

(Flashback)

Mahito: "So I heard you mentioned to look out for on of the second years."

Geto?: "Ah yes, Y/N L/N. He is Gojo's ward and his most dangerous pupil."

Mahito: "I thought you said Okkotsu was Gojo's strongest student."

Geto?: "Okkotsu is strong but being dangerous doesn't always require strength. Y/N sees the world similar to how I do, treating Jujutsu as a puzzle to solve and understands sacrifice is necessary in his line of work. He would make an excellent learning experience for you."

Mahito: "So should we make sure to kill him for the plan to work?"

Geto?: "Kill him? No no no, I would very much like to meet him. I believe he and I would have so much to discuss."

(Present)

Mahito had to keep falling back and dodging Y/N's relentless attacks. There was much more malice and curse behind his attacks then the previous sorcerers he had fought. As of now the curse knew he lost his advantage when he jumped without bothering to consider Geto's words. He couldn't even consider using Self Embodiment of Perfection since Y/N was hell bent on keeping up the pressure to make casting suicide.

Another pair of transfigured humans attacked Y/N giving Mahito a much needed window to fall back for a moment and focus on regenerating his injuries. He could still retrieve the fingers and make sure Hanami's work won't go to waste but now he had to revise his approach.

The idea of a new challenge excited him but there was another feeling deep inside, one he hadn't felt since he was in the presence of Sukuna. Fear, the ever present threat of death. The combination of that cursed blade and a technique that made close quarters extremely dangerous proved to be an effective counter to his usual approach.

The two transfigured humans both tried to take a swipe but Y/N dodged between their attacks, slicing through them with practiced ease. As Mahito saw his two victims turned cannon fodder be cut down he felt a sense of inspiration that may of answered his question on how he could effectively retrieve his prize. As the student slipped to his opponent's side looking to bury his blade into the curse's ribs where t heart should be, Mahito narrowly dodged and split into two creating a weaker carbon copy of himself.

Now being able to literally focus on two things at once, Mahito made a break for the fingers while he clone fought Y/N who dealt significant damage to the curses's souls with every successful hit. Gojo's Ward grabbed the special grade's arm as razors made from blood encompassed his palm, skinning off the flesh and skin like a potato peeler further slowing down his arm's regeneration. He ducked under a slash and kicked Y/N in the chest sending him back.

Knowing that any weapon he formed from his body would be severed like any other limb no matter what, Mahito grabbed a spear and sword on the racks in the room they crashed into and met the sorcerer steel to steel. It felt odd fighting a human like this, like he was committing some short of taboo but the feeling the curse got from it was both exhilarating and terrifying knowing one good strike could end this fight for either of them especially now that this form lack the same techniques as the true one.