Chapter Eleven

(Third Person POV)

The overall mood of the first years was understandably grim following the death of Yuji Itadori. Y/N approached Megumi who was on the stairs most likely thinking about what he could of done differently.

Y/N: "How are you holding up?"

Megumi: "I've been better."

Y/N: "We both have, that was the first time I've killed someone who didn't really deserve it. Truth be told there wasn't a better way that could of ended."

Megumi: "I feel like I could of done more."

Y/N: "Don't think like that, you handled yourself well and I was the one who took the lead on that fight. If anyone is to blame for what happened it should be me."

Megumi: "I'd rather blame Sukuna. I know it sounds harsh but I didn't expect losing that idiot to hurt this much."

Y/N: "The real question is what are you going to do about it?"

Megumi: "I'm going to get stronger so I can protect more people. I don't intend on letting you put me on the sidelines next time."

Y/N: "I expected nothing less, I'll help make sure of it."

He patted Megumi on the shoulder and looked to see a girl with orange hair and hammer on her waist standing to introduce herself."

Nobara: "I'm Nobara Kugisaki and I'm going to be one of the strongest here."

The first thing she noticed about Y/N was his eyepatch on the left side of his face and scars marking a otherwise handsome face. Y/N had an vibe similar to Megumi's but there was authority in the air around him.

Y/N: "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Kugisaki, I look forward to seeing you in action. That confidence will serve you well if you temper it."

Before Nobara could respond, Maki came in to introduce herself. It was her way of greeting the first year but also her opportunity to mark her territory since she knew Y/N was loyal but there where likely many who would want him for some reason or another. However, Maki and Nobara seemed to get along instantly with the latter seeing Maki as a big sister.

Y/N waited outside the apartment as Megumi's delivered the news of a person's death to his mother. As he walked out to leave the woman to grieve Y/N patted him on the back.

Y/N: "You did an honorable thing. I think we tend to judge people without remembering they're still people but Yuji was different."

The first year only nodded as they headed back to school to train. When they got back they found Nobara being chanced and thrown by Panda who was helping her learn how to fall. Y/N kept walking towards the field and taking off his jacket.

Maki: "We're going to learn close combat, instead of us partnering up with you or Nobara I decided to give you both a challenge. Y/N, if you can take down both of the first years without them landing a blow in hand to hand I'll grant you one request."

Y/N seemed extra motivated by her challenge and began stretching with a look of determination.

Nobara: "Are you sure?"

Maki: "He's the only one here who can keep up with me in close quarters and now he's got a reason not to hold back. I want to see how you both handle this situation."

The two of them started attacking Y/N but he used his technique to increase his speed and moved through their punches as if they where in slow motion. First he grabbed Nobara's arm and threw her into Megumi before kicking them both into the ground.

They both had a long way to go.

It was only a month and a half until the goodwill event so everyone was putting in 110% into their training whether they wanted to or not. Y/N was spending hours on end honing his melee abilities and how to more efficiently use his technique. Gojo seemed busier than usual but he still found time to help his honorary sibling train.