Chapter Ten

(Third Person POV)

Y/N walked through the apartment complex as he got closer to his target, he could feel the curse was close. According to the report, four people have gone missing within and around the building that they knew of but their was a possibility it claimed more victims. His senses told him his target was most likely a second grade curse or within the ballpark of one and was most likely on this floor.

He knew it was stalking him in a failed attempt to be sneaky, not knowing Y/N's senses where enhanced by his false eye under his eyepatch. The sorcerer was content with letting his prey believe it had the advantage so it would reveal itself to him. Tiring of these games, Y/N turned his back and fainted his attention towards a cracked open door as he felt the curse slip out of one of the cracks in the ceiling and take its full form to ambush to sorcerer only to be grabbed by the neck.

It tired to escape but felt a stinging sensation from Y/N's hands as he began to pour some of his blood into the curse before he slammed it into the wall with altered strength. The curse tired to rose it's hand and tied to attack only to find its limbs where not responding to its commands. It's legs kept it in place as it's arms grabbed it's head and neck before pulling back and down with more strength then it should of.

The curse struggled as Y/N had his hand raised to make it tear its own head off. He watched the skin rip and the muscles tear by it's own strength with a sense of grim satisfaction in seeing all his research bearing fruit. Controlling a opponent is truthfully far more complicated than it seems. The victim should preferably not know of the technique or it may be able to fight it in a tug of war of cursed energy meaning the stronger the opponent the more difficult it is to use.

It was a effective but situational technique that required a level of concentration that could be potentially dangerous when facing multiple opponents but Y/N found it was an excellent way to dispatch weaker enemies that where alone. There was still much work to be done but to Y/N progress was still progress. He watched the curse finally tear it's head off and fall to the ground.

Y/N gave a small smile in satisfaction as he moved on to look for the rest of the curses in this building. The student was hoping to divide and conquer so he could not waste any time but it seems the building's supernatural residents wanted to be a pain in the ass today.

He made his way to the next floor thankful that the apartment had been cleared out for "pest control" which was technically true. The next curse came at him head on while sending smaller curses at the sorcerer like living projectiles. Y/N cut down each of the lesser curses fired at him as if they where near inconveniences as he calmly walked toward his target.

The curse like many others before it charged it's hunter in a last ditch attempt to save itself only to find the sorcerer it tired to attack behind it already retracing the red blade from his arm. Before Y/N's target could fully turn around it split down the middle as both halves of its now exercised corpse fell to the floor.

With two down, Y/N sensed the last was in the top floor where maintenance and much of the building's machinery are located.

Y/N: "I swear this feels more like a chore then an actual mission but I guess I should be thankful I have this well in hand."

He knew there was a common superstition that if one wishes for more difficulties then they will often get their wish. Y/N found the door to be locked but decided cut the bolt to forces his way in. The door swung open and the familiar, putrid smell of death assaulted his nostrils. He found a curse eating a man who looked like he worked for the building and was most likely one of the missing people.

The curse was a frost grade and looked up at the intruder with bloody teeth and a growl. Y/N formed a axe and took a stance to wait for his opponent to make their first move. The two stay with each other down as inhuman black eyes met with the gaze of a man who had already came up with a dozen ways to kill it.