Chapter 1:-Suspicions arising!

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy"
~Leo Buscaglia

"Samaira" As I made my way through the empty school halls, A voice chirped in shouting my name

"Samaira" As I made my way through the empty school halls, A voice chirped in shouting my name. I tightened my grip on my backpack which hung loosely on my right shoulder. I pulled it up a bit, to prevent it from falling.

I turned back to find the person whom I would be inclined to meet in the morning, Pawani. She gave me her signature grin which I reciprocated with a small smile. I guess, I comprehended what was coming next.

"No" I spoke dreadfully stepping backward.

She ran over to me giving me a tight hug making me stumble and fall on the ground with her dropping beside me. She laughed hard as I mocked her act.

"Get up crackhead!" I spat as I got up, while she kept laughing at my not-so-amused expression. This was her regular job.

"You almost broke my vertebrae" I sneered at her and rolled my eyes.

"Mission Accomplished Madam" She winked at me.

"Sometimes I guess you just forget like I am thinner than you, What if someday I die due to your stupid act?" that was true as she was roughly 55kgs while I was just 40kgs.

"I would never let you bro!" She wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her head on my shoulder.
"Why so grumpy today?"

"That idiot of a father showed up this morning!" she was dumbfounded. "What...how, I mean he was on the trip na, returning after two days?" I guess she wasn't able to hit upon words.

"I don't know" I don't want to.

The school bell rang, and I was reminded again that I was late today! Usually, I am never. I reach school an hour before precisely to roam around those empty hallways and find some alone time. Which is never possible in a joint family!

Talking about Pawani, She's my closest friend in this hell called school. I have heaps of friends but she's the closest out of them.

"Meet me at lunch bro, we'll sort out the matter together and fix your shitty mood, don't you worry sweety until you have me." She slung her backpack closer waving at me with the other hand still gripping on her backpack, giving me a flying kiss to which I scrunched up my nose and walked away to her maths class.

Mine was Biology! We have all the subjects the same but only that's the difference between us. Maths vs Biology.
Who even likes maths?
I scoffed at my unnecessary opinions and made my way towards the class at the end of the corridor.
------------×-----------×-------------×------------

I reached home after a long hectic day at school. I threw my bag on the nearest chair, sighed scarcely before sitting on the other one.
I slowly managed my eyelids from closing, drifting into a deep slumber on the seat on the balcony.

I undid my shoelaces. By the way, which took me a lot of effort today. I arrived closer to the front door, which only held a few barely audible murmurs. I was too tired to worry about what the heck was going on in this chaotic house.

Hardly had I stepped in the house when the murmurs got louder and clearer. I didn't want to see anyone today, It has already been a long and pathetic day. I held my backpack tight and squeaked quietly, tiptoeing at each step to avoid making any noises that would gain their awareness of the fact that:-

Officially I am home. Imma gonna just make my way to my 'shared' room.

I skipped a few stairs until I decided to stop in my track walking.
"She is our sister"

The words held me back as they hit my eardrums. This was a man's voice but unrecognizable.

I peeked a little through the door of the living room to find two men seated on the other side of the table. My parents were seated on the opposite side of them.

The table had a lot of papers scattered over it.

The men looked handsome, with heights not less than 6 feet. Both wearing black suits. One had a scowl on his face while the other leaned with his hands crossed over his chest, he looked calm. It looked like he knew what was gonna happen at the end of this conversation.

Mum looked stunned glancing at those scattered papers.

The man beside her, I just didn't want to even notice.

"Mr. Singh, it would be better for you if you listen to us and give our sister back to us or we already have our methods. Mind me, it would go hard on everyone involved in this case" The one with a scowl almost warned my parents gaining their attention to his words.

Who the hell is their sister?
What is he here for?
Are we holding someone hostage?

"But she is our daughter-" Mum spoke leaving her words incomplete.

The man began again" We know Mrs.Singh, but as we told you the truth, even showed you the proofs. If you still don't agree to it we will take this to court, where the judge will decide it"

"We aren't giving her to anyone. Who just appear out of nowhere and claim to be her biological brothers" Father spoke in between with his ordinary aggression evading through his words. This man will surely make the circumstances worse than it's already looking. Who even involved him in such an important talk?

"So I guess, we should take this to the court only because your brain cells don't look like, they are working Mr.Singh" I kept a palm on my mouth to suppress the giggles. It is really hard though.

Father groaned but I think he knew the man was right.

"Watch your tone, young man, Sitting at my home you are disrespecting me-"

"Mr.Singh we aren't doing that on purpose, you are an elderly person and with all due esteem, I would like to tell you that you should have been the one to carry this conversation peacefully. But I guess you were never taught to. Your unnecessary remarks are only making the situation awful." He took a deep breath before continuing. He brought a white letter out from his pocket.

"This is the court notice. We didn't want to hand it to you but you have left us with no other choice. So here it is"

Father practically snatched it from him, his eyes expanding with fright as he read each word. Subsequently contemplating a little, I agreed to make my way back to the room. This was all like a daily soap opera going on.

"Samaira"

----------×---------------×--------------×----------

Votes and comments guys!
Radhe Radhe💙🦚✨