Clawmates and Winglets

My clawmates. Auklet noted as she walked into her appointed sleeping cave and saw 2 other dragons there. Neither the Sandwing, nor the Icewing looked up as Auklet entered the cave silently. Only when she introduced herself did they realise she was there. Auklet had been told she could be very unnoticeable if she wanted to, which was rarely ever.

"Hello, I'm Auklet!" Auklet said to announce her presence.

The Sandwing shot up when she heard Auklet's name. "You mean Auklet? The third and youngest daughter of Queen Coral?"

Auklet nodded. "The very one. But," she said as the Sandwing started to bow. "I do not want you bowing for me. Here I am a simple student, just like everyone else."

"Okaaaaay then..." The Sandwing answered, straightening. "I'm Aloe. Like the plant. She there," Aloe nodded at the Icewing, "is Shard."

"Nice to meet you both! Which beds are yours?" Auklet asked.

"Could I, if you don't mind, have the camel skin rug?" Aloe asked hesitantly.

"Of course! You were here first, so you get the first pick. Which one do you want, Shard?"

"The rock ledge will be fine, if you don't mind." Shard said softly.

Auklet nodded. "Great! I wanted the seaweed anyway!" She chatted with the other girls for a while, but then curled up to sleep to be ready for tomorrow.

* * *.
Auklet woke up in confusion. Where am I? Sure, her bed was the same as always, Kelp and seaweed. But it smelled different. Normally she woke up to the smell of the ocean and beaches, but now Auklet only smelled the musty scent of a cave.

Wait! School! JMA! Today we meet the rest of our winglet! Auklet finally realised where she was and rocketed off her bed. "Wakey wakey, my fellow clawmates! Today we meet our winglet!"

Auklet poked Aloe in her side impatiently. "Unicorn snail!" She bounced back as Aloe suddenly sat up.

"What?" Auklet burst out laughing as she realised what Aloe had said.

"NOTHING! NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" Aloe yelled. "Come let's go meet our clawmates!" She dragged Shard off her rock ledge and ran towards the classrooms. Auklet followed them, shaking her head.

Upon arriving, Auklet saw that they were the first ones here, apart from Sunny.

"Hi there! You must be Aloe, Shard, and Auklet!" Sunny exclaimed. "The others should be here shortly, so please take a seat."

Auklet sat down, making sure there was space next to her where Cliff could sit. Then she waited until a Nightwing, a Rainwing, a Mudwing, and, of course, a Skywing came in.

"Cliff! Saved you a spot!" Auklet told Cliff. He shot her a smile and sat down.

"Thanks."

"Well, now that we are all here, why don't we start with introductions? I'm Sunny, a Dragonet of Destiny and a teacher here."

"I'll go!" The Nightwing sitting next to Sunny offered. "My name is Crescent. I live in the rainforest like all Nightwings, and I like scrolls."

I guess I'll see him in the library a lot. Auklet noted.

"I'm Rush. I'm not much like the other Mudwings. Unlike most Mudwings, I don't have any siblings. I also don't enjoy eating as much as others."

No siblings? He's the first Mudwing I have ever met with no siblings.

"Vine. Queen Glory is the best queen ever and no-one can tell me otherwise. I like playing tricks on dragons." The Rainwing said.

Then it was Auklet's turn. "I'm Auklet, the youngest daughter of Queen Coral. Cliff is my best friend and I also like scrolls."

"The name's Cliff. I am the only Skywing prince. Auklet is my best friend and I love music and writing my own songs."

"I'm Shard. I don't like Icewings whatsoever and I'm happy that I can be here instead of where the Icewings are. I like reading."

"And I'm Aloe! Like the plant! I live in the stronghold with Queen Thorn because I'm an orphan! I love being here! Also I am an absolute fangirl."

Sunny nodded and stood up as the last Dragonet finished their introduction. "Now it's time to go hunting! Follow me!"

All of them hurried to follow Sunny as she took off down the hallway. Man. I'm really going to enjoy it here!

If I have some of the same names that anyone else has, it was probably not intentional. I promise I did not copy any from any other books. (Except Tui. T Sutherland's). Vote and comment if you want to, if you don't, just enjoy my story.
Wc: 760
-Sunchaser