Punishments

Cliff kept his head down as he was escorted down the hallway by a Rainwing guard. Crescent, walking next to Cliff, gave him a sympathetic look.

After being found by Queen Glory, all the dragonets had been taken to the infirmary to be checked up on, and now they were on their way to their sleeping caves. Tomorrow they would all receive a punishment.

As soon as the boys entered their sleeping cave, Cliff curled up on his rock ledge, ignoring the sounds of Crescent, Vine, and Rush moving around.

Auklet hates me, and it is all my fault. I thought she would like me after I fought Trench for her, but no. She hates me.

***
POV switch: Auklet

Why did he do that? What is his problem! Thought Auklet bitterly. He said he did it for me, but I can't see what he did for me! He practically killed my boyfriend!

She sighed as she started walking towards her sleeping cave. Auklet had previously been in the infirmary with Trench, who was now sleeping, but Auklet was sent back to her sleeping cave.

"Hey, Auklet. I'm sorry what happened." Aloe said softly as
Auklet stepped into the cave.

"It's fine. Did Shard fill you in?"

Shard nodded. "Pretty much."

"Great. I'm going to sleep now." Auklet curled up in her kelp bed.

"Good night."

"Good night."

                              ***
When Cliff entered the prey centre the next morning to grab a quick bite before the punishments were given out, everyone stilled before starting to whisper and stare.

Cliff growled under his breath. This is giving me some not so nice déjà vu. About a certain evening when a certain not so nice dragon convinced a certain other VERY nice dragon to go flying with him. It's all his fault.

He stalked (why does that word look and sound so weird? Is it just me?) out of the cave angrily. He had been told to come to the library for his punishment after he had eaten breakfast, so Cliff veared off in that direction.

"Ah, welcome, Cliff." Starflight said calmly as Cliff walked in.

"Hi Starflight." Cliff answered unenthusiastically.

"Don't worry," The librarian spoke. "They won't be that harsh on you."

"It's not the punishment I'm worried about."

Before Starflight could answer again, Clay entered with Sunny and Glory on his heels.

"We've got a problem." All three announced at the same time.

"What now?" Starflight sighed.

"One of our students has disappeared. And before you say anything, it is a very big deal, because now two of Queen Coral's daughters have disappeared!" Sunny shouted in a panic.

Cliff's breath caught in his throat. Auklet?

"Which one?" Glory asked.

"Anemone!" Sunny exclaimed.

Cliff let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding in. Auklet is still safe. But why do I care? She hates me!

"Wait really?" Clay said in surprise. "Cause if anyone wanted to know, Auklet has disappeared too!"

"Oh great!" Glory said in a fake happy voice. "At least now we know the answer to the question: WHY IN THREE MOONS IS A WHOLE WINGLET GONE!!!!"

"(Random quotation marks that appeared out of nowhere and I only found them weeks after publishing this chapter)