WHAT?? SHE'S GONE??

"Can you believe it?" Crescent was telling Vine as Auklet and Shard walked into Webs' history classroom.

"Believe what?" Shard asked.

"Tsunami is gone!" Vine exclaimed.

"Gone?" Cliff echoed, coming in behind the two girls.

"Gone. Missing. Disappeared into thin air, according to Sunny." Crescent explained.

"Oh, no." Auklet said, turning and running out of the room.

"What's going on?" Rush questioned curiously as Auklet ran past him. Aloe followed Auklet with her eyes as she ran.

"Tsunami's missing." Shard informed Rush.

"Really?" Aloe asked doubtfully. "Tsunami doesn't seem like a dragon to be easily kidnapped without leaving a trace."

"Yeah." Cliff agreed. "Do you know if there was any sign of a struggle, Crescent?"

Crescent shook his head. "I was in the library early this morning when Sunny came barging in and yelling at Starflight that Tsunami was gone. They both left after that."

"Then we should go check!" Vine suggested.

"All the teachers will be there." Shard reminded him.

"Not if we distract them." He said slowly. "We could pretend one of us is missing as well, and they would panic."

"We don't want to do that to the teachers!" Rush argued. "They'll be so worried!"

"That's the point." Vine started pacing. "One of us could hide in one of the unused caves and someone else will tell the teachers they are missing. The rest of us will search Tsunami's cave."

"Who volunteers to be 'missing'?"  Crescent asked. "If no-one wants to, I can."

"I'll do it." Aloe spread her wings. "I like exploring the unused caves."

"Thanks Aloe!" Cliff exclaimed. "I wouldn't miss this for the world!"

"Me neither." Shard agreed.

***
"Okay, Aloe is in one of the caves near Stonemover's cave." Vine and Crescent ran down the hallway towards their clawmates. "Is everyone ready?"

"Yeah!"  Everyone chorused. They snuck through the hallway, flinching at every sound they heard.

"Which one is Tsunami's?" Crescent hissed, gesturing to all the caves along the hallway.

"We can check each one." Rush suggested. The group split up to peek in all the rooms.

"That one's Sunny." Cliff reported.

"Clay here!" Vine said.

"Starflight." Rush ran back to the others.

"Uhhhh, guys?" Crescent whispered loudly.

Everyone quickly joined him in the doorway.

"Crescent?" Shard asked in concern. Crescent gestured into the cave silently.

The whole group looked in and gasped.