Chapter 1

"Mom! Mom! Please recite a bedtime story."

"Oh Evy, but mom is sleepy too."

"Moooom" I had said it a little bit stretched in disappointment. "But you said that yesterday too."

"Okay fine. But promise me you won't pick on a fight again even if you're right."

"But mom what she was saying wasn't right either."

"Yes, that wasn't but, you should fight for right and not to Prove yourself right."

"But mommy-"

"Now shush. Didn't you just want to listen to a bedtime story."

I was down hearing that mom wasn't happy with me fighting for proving myself right (like I was just in second grade what did you expect) but lightened up when she started – "Have you heard about the deer whose horns emit light? At night you could see it from a distance. It would be singing and dancing and-"

Suddenly, we heard a loud bang on our door and when mom went to check on, she saw many armed men pointing toward our house. Mom freaked out and held me tightly. I could feel her heart racing as she held me close to her chest. As I was about to ask her something, someone came behind us and whispered – "Hurry! Get out of this place."

"Wh-Who are you? And what do you want?" mom whispered back.

"You hear that?" he said and the silence was broken by some sort of beeping sound. It beeped by the ascending seconds and the last thing I remembered before blacking out was that the sound speeded and mom uttered a word 'B-Bo-'.