Chapter 19 Get Away

Two days passed and both Karan and Meera had been avoiding each other only talk or look at each other when necessary one was avoiding due to shame and the other in embarrassment.

So when Meera would come he'd open the door and go back to his room leaving Yash and Meera in the living room.
Meera would quietly pick the hungry Yash and go to feed him.
And only come out when he's gone.

Karan's POV

Yes I had been avoiding her and it's because everytime I look at her all the memories and that encounter would come back in my mind making me go all crazy.
So the best solution I thought is to avoid if I won't look at her I won't think about it.
But it had been killing me not to have a normal conversation with her not able to greet her back when she greets me with a huge smile. I know all these things would have effected her but I can't do anything.
I had to talk to Adi what is happening to me it's not right.

After the school....

"Adi I need to talk to you" saying I take him to our spot in the school near parking lot where we both can talk freely.
"What's up man you have been looking too upset these days? Is Yash fine?" He asks making me feel good that Yash has an uncle who really cares about him.
"Yes he is fine and now you know she is feeding him so he'll be alright" I replied.
"Then what happened?"
"Listen on that day when I forgot my file" saying I explained the situation of that day and how I'm avoiding her.
Nodding his head for a second looking sad he says "Karan I'm sorry to say but you have a crush on her" and laughs on my face.
"Shut up I don't know why I talked to you out of all the people why would I have a crush on her she's my student and my son's nanny" I reply reasoning him.
"Wait let me correct you she...was your student and many employers fall in love with their nanny don't worry you have my blessings" he says grinning from ear to ear.
"Stop it Adi first crush and now love be serious if you can't I'm done talking to you."
"Ok ok listen you tell me why are you avoiding her?"
"Because everytime I...I look at her that incident just flashes through my mind and I can't help but go crazy" I say looking anywhere but his face which I know must be smiling like a fool.
"So I guess the problem is your celibacy" he says grinning at me.
Stop it you shithead.
"What isn't it the truth?" He asks laughing on me.
"Fine if I am so what" I say getting frustrated.
"So this I'm taking you on an adventure my friend" he said and starts dragging me with him.
"Wait what adventure you're talking about stupid."
"The one where we both have a seat and drink our problems" he said.
"No I'm not going anywhere with you if you forgot I'm a father I have a baby to look after."
"Well if you forgot you hired a nanny for him to look after whom you're paying more than  usual amount."
"Fine but I'm not drinking."
"Ok I have sent you the address to meet you there" saying he sat in his car and went.
Sitting in my car I sent a quick message to Meera saying I'll be a bit late can you stay for a little while.
Her reply comes after some minutes saying sure.
I make my way to the address Adi sent me.

I didn't know when the time passed but I think this idiot Adi changed my drink.
We talked a lot about his problems and mine, about our families and work but when I looked at the watch it showed 5 I  guess but after sometime I checked it was dark outside and saw it was after 8 oh god I had been out for so long. What about Yash thinking I quickly ordered a lemon juice to get over the hangover.
Adi wasn't that drunk so he went his home and I went to mine.
Thinking if Meera would've been there because of me or she must've left.
On my way I just prayed that she'd be there with Yash otherwise I won't ever forgive myself for leaving him.

As I reached the rang the doorbell the door was opened by a tired looking Meera.
Coming inside I apologised for my irresponsiblity and thanked her for being with Yash even past her time.
She said it wasn't a big deal but it was for me.
As Yash was already sleeping I asked the lady who lives beside my house Mrs Maheshwari she was a kind old lady to look after him while I drop Meera. It was the least I could do she refused at first but I reasoned her saying she might not get an auto or something this late.
She agreed and we made our journey towards her destination.

Meera's POV

After avoiding me for two days I didn't think he would talk anytime soon but his message gave me hope but it also vanished when his bit late turned to three hours for him to come back home I couldn't and would never leave Yash like this and neither I had something important to do. Then he came apologising and thanking me for the same I knew it wasn't right thing but he deserved a break. And then he dropped Yash to the neighbour's house who adored Yash and asked me to drop me I refused but he reasoned that I won't get any auto this time so I agreed and here we are in his car.

Soon I reached and went down not to talk to him he said a quick goodnight to me I did too and left near by my hostel neighborhood so he won't know I live in a hostel.
He left and I was relieved but entering the hostel gates I saw the regular guard uncle wasn't there and went further and saw three men in the hallway smoking one was in the guard uniform I quickly made my way towards my room but they were in my way I avoided looking at them and walked as I knew it was just me and them Kavita went to visit her family for some days I was getting scared but went from beside them but what happened next wasn't what I expected.

Word count:1100
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!