Chapter 56 The Sangeet

Karan's POV

I had been secretly watching Meera as she was getting the henna applied but then Gaurav came to me we started talking as he was just telling me about his job and all but then I saw Meera coming towards me and she excused me and told me that she had to wash the henna off so I took Yash from her and she went inside.

I was just looking at my asleep son and thinking how he quietly slept in her arms and when I held him he cried my naughty boy just wanted her.
Sir it's your baby right how old is he ? Asked Dhruv who came with Gaurav towards me.
Of course he is mine why would I hold someone else's baby and he is three months old I replied to him.
Ok let's move inside the hall as the Sangeet function is going to be held inside he said.
I nodded at him and everyone moved inside the hall for the same.

It's been more than fifteen minutes and I hadn't seen her where she went I was just thinking but got surprised when I saw the groom stepping on the stage.
My god he and Neha who knew that Rahul Saxena was going to get married to Neha Tripathi who never looked eye to eye huh?
I was still looking at him when I heard a voice.Can you tell me why Yash is always sleeping when I want to meet him he said whining.
Because he couldn't bear to hear your nonsense talks idiot I replied to my idiot friend Adi.
Don't be so mean Ran he said pouting.
Stop with that face you are looking uglier and who invited you? I asked him.
Neha duh she invited me herself how could she forget her favourite teacher he said proudly.
I just shook my head at his antics great now he'll eat my head.

And he did god every time he made me question why did I befriend him in the first place out of so many people.
Stop it Adi and if Yash wakes from your annoying childish jokes you will face my wrath I said to him with a glare.
Ok last one...he was saying but I unheard him when I saw Meera coming from the entrance with Neha and others damn Meera looked so beautiful and so elegant I was thinking and she followed Neha to the stage and helped her settle down and came back down and her eyes searching in the crowd for a moment and then landed on me and she made her way to me.

Hi Adi sir she said smiling to the idiot standing beside me.
Hi Meera ,Woah!! I didn't know you guys followed a matching theme should have told me too he said grinning at us.
His statement made Meera look elsewhere and I glared at him for it.

But suddenly Dhruv came to us and said Can anyone tell me why the bride and groom are looking at each other like they're gonna kill each other.
And we all looked at the stage to find it true.
They were actually shooting daggers at each other.
Wait I'll check up on Neha said Meera followed by Divya and they both went to her.

If they didn't get along then why get married in the first place I thought and shrugged it off.
And both Adi and Dhruv indulged in a talk seating at the table beside us.
So I too took a seat and listened to them and my eyes wandered to Meera who was saying something to Neha in her ear which clearly Neha wasn't getting.

After sometime these both were eating my head with their football obsession like come on two grown ass men talking childishly about their football teams. I wasn't interested in it.
I checked around but I didn't see Meera anywhere and the host came upon the stage when I saw the bride and groom had been shifted and were now facing the stage and the host announced something about dance performances but I wasn't listening as I was busy looking for Meera.

I thought to call her when I didn't see her but the music started and the lights dimmed and I couldn't hear the ringtone.
Woah!! Exclaimed Dhruv and I looked at him as what made him exclaim and saw he was looking at the stage and I saw the shadow of the girls with their backs turned.
And I was shocked looking at the girl in the middle when they turned around.
Meera....I whispered looking at her dancing so amazingly.

And soon the atmosphere changed everyone cheered for them and in the next song Neha too joined them.
I was amazed looking at Meera I didn't know she danced and that was so good.
And soon I started grooving with them I didn't really dance but they all were so good and I saw Dhruv and Adi almost joining them saying we can dance on jalebi baby too. I laughed at them when Gaurav held them not to interrupt the girls'performance.

And after the performance everyone applauded them and they all stepped down the applause was loud really they deserved it.
And I was thinking when did Meera learn it.
Before she could make her way to me I saw someone stopped her I couldn't see it properly but I heard Gaurav saying to Dhruv oh it looks like Rishi finally got his chance hinting towards the man who stopped Meera.
Hearing it I was pissed that the puppy eyed pig is here and with Meera so I made my way to her with Yash in my arms who was awake due to loud music but he was calm.
Reaching them I heard the puppy eyed pig say Meera let's hang out again sometime you didn't respond when I texted you.
How dare he ask her out I moved fast and going to Meera's side to face him.
Both of them looked surprised at my intrusion.
Well pup.. before I could say it Meera glanced at me and I remembered his name and continued Rishi she won't ever hang out with you saying I looked at him more like glared at him.
But sir why are you....
Before he could say anything Yash started crying and Meera took him from me and in no time she calmed him.
He looked shocked and it seemed he just realised something looking at us all three in matching outfits and I just quirked my eyebrow in response and nodded my head and without saying anything he left huh good riddance I thought.
He left ? Asked Meera.
Yes by the way you were amazing on the stage when did you learn the dance? I asked her.
Actually I got to know about it today only but we had performed  together before so it was easy she replied.
Wow I really don't know you huh? I blurted out.
You can know now she replied and widened her eyes realising what she said and blushed.
It'll be my pleasure I said and she shook her head and we went to Adi who gestured us to him.

(Neha's look)

(Rahul's look)[Neha's fiance]

(Rahul's look)
[Neha's fiance]

Word count:1200
Hey guys hope you'll like the chapter.
What do you think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!