Chapter 25 Moving In

The next day before going to their house Meera packed her stuff which she could and thought to take it in the evening as she had to meet the warden too and left for their home.

She greeted Karan and told him about the same when he asked her.He asked to accompany her but she refused.
Then he went for his work leaving both of them.

In the evening when Karan came back home she was ready to go and bring her stuff back and said to Karan
"Sir I'll go and bring my stuff."
"Yeah just wait for me I'll just ask Mrs.Maheshwari to look after Yash till we come back" saying he went to the old lady's house leaving behind a confused Meera.
In a few minutes he was back and said to her "let's go" and took the car keys and went out of the house.
"But sir you don't need to come with me" she replied reasoning him following him out.
"It's fine with me Meera besides I can't let you bring your stuff on your own now when you're living with me" he said while locking the house.
"Sir it's not much just one suitcase" she said.
"Fine then let me carry that one suitcase ok" saying he sat in the car giving her no room to argue.
She sighed thinking he won't budge and sat in the car and they left to her hostel.

In the hostel,

Meera quickly went to her room and checked everything again that she kept all her stuff and left nothing by mistake.
She wheeled her suitcase out of the room while shutting the door she saw Karan talking to the warden more like scolding her and went to them.

Karan saw the hostel warden and couldn't stop himself from bursting out on her about their security and scolded her for trusting the wrong person to guard the place who just troubled Meera and that incident still gives her nightmares.

Looking at Meera coming towards them the hostel warden asked her forgiveness for the same mistake which she realised due to Karan.
Meera accepted her apology and asked her to be more cautious while selecting the guards.
Meera gave the room keys to the hostel warden and asked her about the paperworks and dues if any while Karan kept Meera's suitcase in the car.
She answered in negative and wished her well for life.

Both Karan and Meera left from there towards Karan's home which was going to be hers too.

When they reached back home Karan said to her
"Actually Meera I hope you don't mind living in the guest room I already asked Sejal to make some arrangements and if not then you can tell me."
"No sir I like it and I don't mind living in the guest room and I knew it when Sejal was cleaning it today."
"Ok then I'll keep my suitcase and come" he nodded in response and went to take Yash from the neighbor's house.
After both of them freshened up and came to sit in the living room
Karan said to her "Meera it's your house too and if you've any problem please let me know and you can use the house as you like too."
Meera nodded in response and asked him "Sir thank you for this but I wanted to ask you something."
"Go ahead" he replied.
"I wanted to cook dinner for you as a thank you I hope you don't mind" she said.
"I think you didn't listen what I said at first huh? Meera it's your house too please you don't have to ask me to use the kitchen or anything else ok and it's not a big deal you don't have to cook anything for me."
"I know but I want to?"
"Ok let's see if you can cook as delicious as I do" he said jokingly.
"I don't know but I can try" she replied smiling.
"I wanted to ask you one more thing I don't want to live rent free so I want you to take rent from my salary only" she said upsetting him.
"No Meera I asked you to move in with me right you don't have to pay me."
"Pls sir I won't be able to live freely otherwise."
"But...."
"Please sir" she requested and Karan couldn't say no but agreed.

At Dinner,

Meera cooked a lot of Indian delicacies such as butter paneer, malai kofta, dal fry , jeera rice , chapatis and kheer. This took her almost an hour to cook but she did it anyway she wanted to thank him not only for letting her living in the house but also for giving her an opportunity to take care of Yash.

When Karan came at the dining table for dinner he was almost shocked seeing all these dishes. He didn't expect her to cook these many items as it was only both of them.
"Wow Meera you didn't really have to go all the way and cook these many dishes only one would've been fine."
"I know sir but I wanted to thank you so consider it as a thank you dinner" she said.
"Yeah I won't miss it out I don't really eat these many dishes everyday" saying he sat on the chair to have it.
She was going to serve him but he said it's fine "Meera I'll help myself and you too sit down."
She did and both of them had the delicious food.
"The food was really good Meera and the kheer was the best" he said praising her.
"Thank you sir."
"By the way whom did you learn to cook from" he asked.
"My mother, she is amazing at cooking no one can beat her at it" she replied thinking about her but soon stopped as it led her to think about her past.
Karan saw the change of her expression and wanted to ask her but stopped when saw her getting up.
He asked to do the dishes but she refused him Karan being himself didn't budge either and ended up doing it. Meera was amazed looking at him doing it as in the household she grew up in taught her it was women's duty and not the other way around. And prayed to God thinking about his upbringing.

Word count:1050
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!