Chapter 65 Not Scary

Karan's POV

I had been shopping for a long time. I am really excited for dinner as I want it to be special for her. I bought all the items I need first and then the groceries but it took me a lot of time in that as I was still thinking what to make but remembered something and took the ingredients for it.
Then I saw some necessary things for dinner and bought it too.

Reaching home I took everything from the car and went to the door. I rung the bell with very difficulty and waited for her to open the door.
And secretly put on the mask I brought to scare her.
The door opened and I was ready to see her scared face but she wasn't.
What why is she not scared ? I thought in my mind.
She looked shocked rather than scared.
Wow I didn't think you'd ever do this she said recovering from the shock.
Taking the mask off I asked her
Why are you not scared but shocked ?
Why would I be scared of Doraemon? She asked back making me confused.
Oh my god don't tell me what I think it is ? she asked excitedly with a laugh.
It depends on what you are thinking I replied.
You thought this mask is of a scary character? She asked me.
Yes I replied not thinking but she laughed. She laughed? Hearing me.
As much as I loved it I wanted to know the reason so I asked her what happened?
Hahahaha... laughing she took the mask from my hand and showed it to me its face giving me.
Oh God now I myself want to laugh at my stupidity like how did I not see while taking this or while putting it on that ,staring back at me was a blue cat or panda whatever it was a goddamn doraemon and not a zombie mask I wanted to scare her of shit how stupid I was.
Stopping her laugh or more like controlling her laugh she asked me to come inside and I did with all the shopping bags.
I took all the bags and went to keep it at a side but before I could she took something from my hand and I saw it was that Doraemon mask and I looked at her she was trying very hard to control her laugh and finally started laughing again saying I'm sorry it's just who could get scared by looking at this.
I didn't know it was this I asked for the scary one I said and huffed when she still continued laughing.
Taking the grocery bag I went to the kitchen to arrange it.
When I was arranging it I remembered that other stuff was still in the living room and chances of her seeing it was much more so I quickly went back to hide it from her.

There I saw she was still looking at the doraemon mask and smiling instead of laughing.
Hmm it's better I guess. And hided the bags so she could not see it.
After that I called out her Meera?
She looked at me and I continued
Would you mind if I ask you something?
No she replied.
Then until dinner can you please stay in your room only and I'll call you when all is set? I asked thinking what if she declines.
Umm..ok but I'll just need some of my books and little Yash she said making me smile.
And she took her book and Yash who was sleeping from his cot and went to her room.

I went to my room first and freshened up. Then I went to the kitchen to cook dinner.
Chopping the veggies took a lot of time and then I worked quite fast.
Then after an hour or so I came to the living room to put my idea to reality and I opened the hidden stuff and got on work.
I was thankful that it was all mostly in pink as it was her favourite colour. I knew it because of our late night talking we spent together.

After sometime I remembered the gas was still on and quickly went to check the food and thankfully it was all good and not burned. I gave it some final touches and then I made the dessert.
And went to the living room to complete the unfinished work.

After an hour I was done and smiled looking at my work only hoped that she would like it too.
And then I checked everything again the food and the living room if something was left and looked at the clock it was eight at night. So I went to call her and knocked on her door saying
Meera all is set you can come.
Yes I'll be there one minute she replied back.
I went back to the living room as I started to get more and more nervous.
And in no time she was here looking so simple yet so beautiful her simplicity was the most beautiful thing for me.
She looked at the dining table where I just put the serving bowls and dreaded her reaction thinking if I did too much and if I did what to do to make her feel at ease.

Meera are you crying? I asked as I saw her eyes.
Shit what did I do I'm such an idiot I thought.
Sorry I'll remove it please don't cry I didn't want you to be upset I'm sorry saying I went to remove the decorations as I didn't want it anymore as it made her cry.
No no its not that I want it she said making me stop and I looked at her.
It's just I had never experience this I mean nobody has ever done this for me so watching it just made me emotional don't remove it I loved it. She said making me feel these intense emotions for her.
Come I said and she came towards the chair as I had pulled it for her and she sat.
And I too sat on the chair across her.
So ready to see what's for dinner? I asked her.
She nodded excitedly and I opened the lid and she gave me a huge smile calming my nervousness.

Word count:1100
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!