Chapter 43 Alarming Incident

After arranging the table for dinner Karan called Adi for the same.

Adi came and took a seat at the dining table. Across him both Meera and Karan took their seats too.

"Wow I knew you cooked well but this tastes amazing bro" said Adi after having the first bite.
"Actually Meera cooked all the food today as I was busy" said Karan to him.
"Why didn't you tell me before Karan!" exclaimed Adi and turning to Meera he said "I didn't know you cooked such delicious food Meera."
Meera just smiled at him in response she couldn't take the compliment.
And Adi knew it was time to mess with him so he started telling Meera about Karan's childhood stories which he lived beside him.

"What really?" asked laughing Meera.
"Yeah now you see this Karan is nothing like the young one."
Meera was still laughing at the embarrassing story she just got but stopped when looked at Karan's face which showed he was annoyed at Adi for telling her about such.
By now they had completed the dinner and so Meera got up and brought the ice cream for dessert.
"Thanks Meera you're my soulmate how did you know I love ice cream!" said Adi dramatically happy by looking at his favourite dessert.
"Actually Karan sir told me when I asked him so..." replied Meera.
"Aww I didn't realise you love me that much Karan" saying Adi hugged him which Karan denied as he didn't like him being clingy.
They were talking as usual but heard Yash crying so Meera went to him and saw he was hungry so she hinted at Karan the same and went into her room to feed him.

"Now tell me why did you invite yourself here today" asked suspicious Karan.
"Well because my cook took a leave and I was hungry" replied Adi.
"Is that true?" asked Karan as he knew very well that Adi had a lot of choices if it was true but he chose to come here.
Adi made an innocent face so he couldn't catch him and changed the topic.
"So even now you'll say that you don't feel anything towards her?" asked Adi.
"No I don't" said confident Karan.
"Ohh but by the way you were glancing at her dinner every minute tells me another story" said Adi knowingly.
Hearing him Karan became nervous and said "no you're wrong."
"We'll see Karan" replied Adi knowing too well.

After sometime Meera went to keep the sleeping Yash in Karan's bedroom and made some walls with pillows as not wanting him to fall from there and was coming back to the living room.
Karan had gone to keep the leftover icecream in the refrigerator so Adi quickly planned and made his action accordingly.
Suddenly the light went off of the whole house Karan was thinking why it went off now and Meera was frightened a bit but tried to calm herself.
Karan came into the living room and called out "Meera Adi are you guys ok?"
Hearing him Meera was relieved and said "Yes sir I'm fine" and calmed her uneven breathing.
Adi smirked at them and quietly made his way towards the door in the dark and made the door open like in the horror movies which made Meera jump in fright and she started to sob Karan got shocked hearing her cry and made his way to her and she jumped again in surprise "Ahhh!!"
"Wait Meera calm down it's me don't worry" said Karan trying to calm her.
Adi felt bad for doing this but he knew this would make his plan successful so he did the last thing and switched on the recorder and the horror sounds started and Meera sobbed more and clutched Karan shocking him and suddenly hugged him frightened shocking Karan.
Karan was in a daze as what just happened but shook his head and patted her back to calm her as she was still crying.
After some minutes Adi switched off the recorder and put on the lights and Karan saw him as Meera was back facing towards the door. Adi mouthed "I'm sorry" and showed him a thumbs up and went from there.
Now Karan put all the pieces of puzzle and knew it was all Adi's doing the light off , the crackling of the door and the horror sounds and made his mind to give him a piece of mind tomorrow.

As he came back from planning to put sense in Adi he tried to calm Meera saying "See Meera the lights came nothing is wrong here."
Meera slowly opened her eyes and looked around and saw lights came and there was no one everything was just like before.
"Stop crying now" said Karan and wiped her tears.
Meera suddenly realised their proximity and blushed due to it and separated from him.
She quickly wiped her tears and looked down and said "Sorry for that..."
Karan stopped her from apologising and said "No need to apologise Meera it's fine you were scared I was shocked too are you ok now?"
"Yes I'll just check on Yash" she said and went to see Yash.

Karan went to the door and made sure Adi wasn't there and locked the door.
For a second he was afraid too but didn't show it as Meera was much more scared.
Meera saw Yash sleeping in his place like nothing happened and came back to the living room and saw Karan wasn't there and found him in the kitchen doing the dishes so she took the bottles for Yash and went to her room to fill it.

After sometime she kept it back on the counter in the kitchen and thought to freshen up and go to sleep as Karan was gone.
After freshening up she calmed herself and tried to assure herself saying No one is here it's all good and took a deep breath.
And tried to sleep after the assuring but was not able to every time she tried to sleep she woke up feeling scared.
After sometime she took her book and thought to read it.
After some time of reading she was feeling a bit drowsy but woke up hearing the sound of a utensil coming from the kitchen and went there.

Word count:1050
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!