Chapter 6 - First Day of Filming (3)

When Valentina went back to the studio set, she saw that it had been replaced

The sofa was gone and instead, there was a mix of different types of white flowers spread all over the floor. Different flowers from roses to lilies, to hydrangeas were spread all along the floor perfuming the area with a beautiful scent.

"Miss Valentina, please lay down in the flowers." The photographer directed her.

"Yes," Valentina did her best to suppress the cough rising in her throat and lay down.

She arranged herself on the floor. Both hands behind her back as she gazed at the ceiling.

"Beautiful!"

"Gorgeous!"

"Let your hair down and look at me!"

"Put more energy in your eyes!"

As Valentina struggled to not cough while following his words, Jonathan Steele continued calling out orders.

"Look at the camera! Arch your back!" Valentina continued obeying orders while suppressing her cough.

But then.

Cough-!

Cough-!

Then blood spurted out of her mouth.

She quickly covered her mouth with her fingers, but her body was wracked with coughs and blood continued to come through her fingers.

The sudden loud cough and the contrasting image of blood splashing onto her dress and the flowers in front of her made a big impact.

"Valentina!"

"Miss Valentina!"

Everyone was shocked at the sudden explosion of sound and color.

"Are you okay?"

"Somebody, call a medic!"

"Call an ambulance!"

As Valentina kept coughing out blood, the original stuffiness she felt in her chest eased up, but her head started pounding instead and she began to feel faint. As people began to rush her, she held her hand out to them and panted before speaking.

"I am okay. If possible, I would like to finish the shoot before being checked out."

"What do you mean you're okay? There's no way you plan on finishing the shoot like this?" A stage manager asked. he had never been shocked as much as he was today. He had never seen anybody cough up blood in real life. How could she be okay?!

He saw Valentina look at him with watery eyes that were tinged with red as she wiped her mouth delicately with her sleeve. Then she gave him a brilliant smile before she grabbed a blood-soaked flower and brought it to her lips.

"If I'm not mistaken, I think Mr. Steele has gotten a bit of inspiration." Valentina had a wry smile as she glanced at the photographer.

The stage manager turned and also glanced at the photographer. He was shocked at what he saw.