Chapter 133 - Variety Show (34)

The set was a familiar one with one large couch as well as individual chairs for each of the hosts.

As Valentina walked along, the bright lights of the stage, as well as the applause of the crowd, began making her feel slightly nervous, and she could feel her palms begin to sweat.

Although she had filmed in front of other strangers before, this was a very different experience filming in front of a live audience. Taking a deep breath, she did her best to slow her rapid heartbeats and look calm. Lia had done her best for her, and she really couldn't disappoint her.

Focusing on having perfect posture, she put everything Lia had taught her into her walk as she strutted across the stage.

"Welcome, welcome. I'd like to welcome our very special guests, Rio and Shawn from the Fallen Angels, who you all know and love!"

Wooooooooooooo!

As the audience cheered wildly, whistles and screams sounding out throughout the studio, Valentina took a seat beside the waving Shawn, smiling softly as she stared at the two hosts, who were looking at them with bright smiles while standing.

"And joining them are the two actresses who were a part of the very successful combined short film for 'Kill My Love and Bring Me to Life.' Please give it up for Valentina and Yuri!

Wooooooo!

The audience continued cheering in a much more subdued tone as both Valentina and Yuri waved. Seeing that the crowd was suitably riled up, the hosts sat down on a loveseat directly across from their group.

Vanessa Singh gazed at the audience with a gorgeous smile. Her dark brown hair, golden skin, red lips, and matching Bindi presented an alluring picture, and her scarlet dress highlighted the curves of her body without being too explicit. As a musician of one of the most popular international girl groups in her heyday, she was the perfect person to host variety shows involving musicians.

Seated next to her was Jimmy Klein, a blond-haired, blue-eyed man who had not only been in many movies but also many Broadway plays. His acting resume was extensive, and he had forayed into comedy as well, allowing him to easily bounce off any guest, making even the shyest person open up and laugh.

"As you all know, I'm your host, Vanessa Singh, and this is my co-host, Jimmy Klein. As always, thanks for staying with us so far as we chatted with our other guests, but we have no time to waste, so let's get right into the meat and potatoes of the Fallen Angels. Jimmy?"

"Great intro, as always, Vanessa. First, let's check how our guests are doing. Since I'm a gentleman, I insist we begin with the gorgeous ladies. Don't you all think they look beautiful? Just like angels on earth." Jimmy turned to ask the audience, and as they began applauding, he nodded knowingly.

"First off, Valentina, I heard this is the first time you're in this kind of show in front of a live audience. How are you feeling today?" Jimmy Klein gave her a soft encouraging smile as he looked over her appreciatively.

As someone who had seen all sorts of beauties in his career, he usually wasn't fazed by it. However, there was something about Valentina's striking looks combined with her slightly nervous demeanor that made him want to protect and take care of her. As her vibrant green eyes curved in a slight smile, he could feel his cheeks heat up from a blush, and his memorized questions began flying out of his mind.

"Well Jimmy, I feel pretty excited, but also like I might throw up from the nerves. No worries, though; I've been shown where the nearest bathroom is, so if you see me sprinting across the stage, you know where to find me. I even practiced running in my shoes, so I'm pretty fast. Please take care of me." As she jokingly responded with a wink while pretending to scout around for the exit, the two hosts burst out laughing along with the audience.