Chapter 131 - Variety Show (32)

The next day passed in a flash as she packed and dealt with her apartment and other miscellaneous tasks.

Finally, It was the day to film 'Weekly Idol'. Early in the morning, before the sun was even up, Lia arrived at the Grayson residence to snatch Valentina up and drag her to her studio.

As Valentina was going through the familiar motions of being bathed and slathered with different concoctions, she prayed with all her heart that one day, she could earn an effect that would automatically do all things for her so she could sleep in late.

A couple of hours and one large thermos of medicine later, she was ready to head to the studio. As she took a final look at herself in the mirror, she had to say Lia and her staff had done a great job, as usual.

Lia had finished the dress and modified it a bit, adding some ink-like stains to the sleeves that blended perfectly into the white of the dress. Making it look like blood leaking. The dress hugged her body perfectly, highlighting her curves while still allowing her to move freely in the slightly stiff material. Her hair was straightened and styled in a half up half down way with a sword clip that had a black and white feather tied to it with a ribbon.

Since the dress itself was so ornate, her makeup had been kept light and simple, with only a coral tint on her lips and champagne shimmer around her eyes to bring out the golden flecks in the green. On her feet, she wore simple, white-heeled shoes that had faint engravings of feathers in black and gold.

All in all, she felt as ready as she was going to be.

As she arrived at the studio, she took a deep breath before stepping out of the car and entering through the underground entrance.

Although she had received instructions on where to go and a temp badge, since it was her first time at the building, she walked along cautiously while taking a good look around.

It looked like any other office building on the inside as people ran through the hallways while celebs were led around by their managers or staff.

She hadn't walked far when she spotted a familiar face leaning against the wall. She took a moment to admire the handsome figure before rolling her eyes. Almost as if he was dressed as the yang to her yin, Rio looked like a decadent Greek god.

He was dressed in a silk robe-like shirt and pants clothes that loosely draped around him while still highlighting his lean, muscular body. The black outfit had traces of white bleeding into the black, especially around the heart, hands, and neck, as if brushed on by a paintbrush dipped in white ink. On his ears were black and white feather earrings entwined like the yin-yang symbol.

Rio's golden skin peeked through the shirt, especially his chest, which seemed to be brushed with gold flecks that caught the light. The most surprising part, though, was that instead of the jet black hair she was familiar with, his hair had been bleached, a golden platinum blonde that shone as if it were golden thread.

As she walked closer, he glanced up, and his contact red eyes met hers. There was a moment of silence before their lips simultaneously curved up in a smirk.

"I came to get you because I know how you like to get lost," Rio called out snarkily.

"Red contacts? Wow. Wow. You're so cool, Mr demon lord," Valentina snorted as she walked closer and clasped the hand that he held out to her in a quick side hug.

"An armor dress, Val? A bit on the nose for a battle angel, don't you think?" Rio shook his head at her with mock disappointment while clutching his sides as if he were in pain.

"Better that than to look like a rejected Grecian god. Are you cosplaying as Hades or something? It's a bit too early for Halloween, don't YOU think?"

"So what I'm hearing is you think I look like a god, and I'm built like one too. I'll accept the compliment, so thank you." Rio gave her a smug smile, his sharp canines flashing temporarily before disappearing, and Valentina couldn't help but laugh in disbelief.