Chapter 4

Vivian

I couldn't sleep all night. I'm hopeful, but at the same time, I'm scared. I feel like I convinced him enough yesterday. At 5 p.m., Father mind-linked Daniel and me to come to his office. Mother was already present there.

I looked at Father like a child eyeing candy. His stoic expression made it difficult to read his face. Mother tried to break the silence by asking me, "Have you lost your appetite, dear?" I looked at her with confusion, wondering why we were talking about food when we should be discussing the trip.

"Vi, Mother is asking you something," Daniel said to me.

Oh, I'm sorry. I was lost in thought. I didn't feel like eating because of the anticipation of the result.

They all laughed at my answer. They are laughing at my misery.

"Vi, you don't realize, but you're funny. It's just a birthday party. It's not the end of the world," Daniel mocked me.

"Enough with the blabbering. I have talked with Clara's uncle and grandparents. They told me that it is safe for you to be at the Nightfall Pack and that Alpha Theodore will be out of the pack. You can go, dear. Mother will take you shopping and help you choose a good gift for Clara." Daddy's words made me feel like I was on cloud 9.

Thank you, Daddy. I have enough clothes. I don't need new ones. I am thinking of gifting jewelry to Clara.

"Vi, you are the Alpha's daughter. You have to look your best. I know shopping makes you happy. We can have a mother-daughter day. We can go tomorrow," Mother insisted.

"Do you have any particular color in mind, madam?" the shopkeeper asked.

Nothing in particular. I don't want to overshadow the birthday girl. I think I want to go for a simple dress, but not too simple. While looking around the shop, my eyes caught a dark green, one-shoulder floor-length dress with a slit that reached the thigh. It fit me like a glove.

"I guess we have a winner, right, Vi?" Mother smiled at me.

Yes, Mother. We purchased the dress and looked around for a gift for Clara. We settled on a pearl set.

I can't believe that I'll be at the Nightfall Pack in the next 14 hours. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. There's something nagging me that this trip will not be like the previous ones.

"Vi, are you done? Clara's grandparents are waiting. You'll be late," Daniel shouted from downstairs.

I'm coming. I bid farewell to Father, Mother, and Daniel.

"Have a safe journey, Vi." Daddy and Mother pecked me on the cheeks.

"I've trained you, so I know you'll be able to put up a fight," Daniel told me mockingly.

"Daniel is being sarcastic. Wow," I replied, sticking my tongue out.

I bid farewell and headed towards our journey to the Nightfall Pack. Clara's grandparents told me about the Nightfall Pack and its rules so I wouldn't get into trouble.

We arrived as expected at 6 p.m. Clara came to welcome us. She looked so happy and radiant.

"Welcome to the Nightfall Pack. How was your journey, Vi?" Clara asked.

It was okay. Are you ready for your big celebration? Do you need help with anything? Oh, and one more thing, I have to leave by 8 p.m.

"Vi, you can't do that. You can go tomorrow early in the morning. You can't leave in 2 hours," Clara responded.

"Aren't you going to welcome your grandparents?" Clara's grandmothers chimed in. "We have promised Alpha Denise that Vivian will leave the pack house by 8 p.m. You know how protective he is of Vivian."

"Okay, fine. I am coming to the Moonstone Pack next month. We can spend time then. Come, Vi, I will introduce you to some of my friends," Clara replied.

Clara introduced me to her friends and family. The Nightfall Pack knows how to throw a party. They didn't leave any stone unturned.

🍀🍀🍀