Chapter 25

Vivian

It has been more than 24 hours since I found out that I am a hybrid. My eyes are swollen from crying, and I don't have any tears left to shed. I never thought I would be this miserable.

"Can I ask you something?" Samuel asked it with hesitation. I guess I owe him some explanation. We have talked about our lives. I can give him the full version of my story. There is nothing to lose at this time.

"Yes. You can," I replied, giving him the go-ahead for his little interrogation.

"You told me that your father told you about you being a hybrid. You look like you come from a top-tier family in society. I am pretty sure they came up with some deal to take you out of the cell, but you are still here. It seems like Alpha Theodore has some agenda against you. What is going on here?" Samuel said it in one breath, which made it difficult for me to process all the questions.

"Well. You are right that I am from a top-tier family. I am actually the daughter, or, you can say, adopted daughter, of Alpha Denise from the Moonstone Pack. When it comes to Alpha Theodore, I am his mate, and I may or may not have tried to kill him," I replied nonchalantly so that this information doesn't shock him and will be easy for him to digest.

"Okay. You never fail to surprise. Your life is interesting. Girl, you have landed yourself in a ditch you can't get out of in this lifetime. Only the Moon Goddess will be able to help you. Wait a sec, in some way, Moon Goddess helped in making you the mate of devil Alpha Theodore. If you weren't his mate, you would be dead by now. Do you have any information about your real parents?" Samuel ended his sentence with a question, which I am also thinking about.

Since they found me outside the border, my guess is that they were fleeing to the Moonstone Pack for safety but couldn't make it. Do you think they are still alive?

"To be honest with you, I don't think they are alive. Hybrids are kind of extinct. There are a few here and there hiding, but the probability of you finding your parents is zero. After the mass slaughter by Alpha Theodore, the remaining hybrids have gone into hiding. Look at the irony; Alpha Theodore is mated to a hybrid, which he slaughtered mercilessly, making them go extinct." Samuel chuckled at the last sentence. He is kind of right, though.

Hey. That's rude. Tomorrow is the Moon Festival. Do you think they will let you go? I hope they will let you out.

"I am not leaving you alone here. We either stay here or go out together," Samuel said with determination, as if Beta James would allow him to do that as he pleases.

Today is the Moon Festival. We haven't heard anything from guards about letting prisoners out. It's safe to say that Samuel is going to stay here longer than he expected. It has already been an afternoon, and there is no sign of guards coming to the cell. As I am thinking of guards, I see them coming near my cell. They unlock my door.

"You are coming with us," the guard told me, which surprised me. Like, what do they want from me now? To my surprise, they unlock the door for Samuel too.

Samuel looks at me with the same dumb expression that I have. We have been walking for hours, nowhere near our destination. We take a break to reenergize ourselves for the journey. There are only four guards. I moved my body near Samuel without making suspicion and said, "Do you think we can take them down and run away?"

He looked dumbfounded. He glared at me and said, "They are trained werewolves, and we are a combination of humans and hybrids." Do you really think we have a chance against them?"

We could try, though. You don't have to be annoyed with me. I know you are tired, but I am also tired. As we were talking, suddenly the forest was covered in fog. We are being attacked. Samuel took my hand and dragged me out of there. We ran away like our lives were on the line, which is true. We reached a secluded place where we were greeted by one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my life.

"You must be Vivian."

🍀🍀🍀