Chapter 28

Theodore

It has already been a week since the attack. Everyone in the eastern region is talking about our incompetence in safeguarding the pack. Thank the Moon Goddess; there were no casualties.

Vivian is nowhere to be found. What's interesting is that the prisoner next to her also disappeared into thin air. It must be a decoy to take Vivian out of the Nightfall Pack, but James doesn't agree with me. He thinks that Vivian just ran away. How is it possible for a halfbreed and a human to defeat four skilled warriors? They are in a coma. We will only get answers if one of them wakes up. The doctor says they will wake up any day.

As I was analyzing the attack, the doctor mind-linked me to inform me that one of the warriors was awake. I rushed to the hospital to get my answer. "Alpha, we tried to fight the enemy, but there was fog surrounding us, making it impossible to counterattack. We were on the ground before we got a chance to attack," he murmured, unable to complete his sentence. I told him to relax. I got the answer I was looking for.

"Do we have a reply from the Moonstone Pack, James? They were eager to meet their princess. Where are they? They are okay with Vivian's disappearance. I know they are behind the disappearance of Vivian. Do we get any words from the spy?"

"No words from the Moonstone Pack. The spy is gathering information and will be back tonight," James responded with anger in his eyes. He is still not over the fact that he couldn't prevent the attack as the beta of the pack.

I was on my way home when James mind-linked to inform me that the spy was here. I rushed to the pack house.

"Alpha Theodore, I am Alexa. I am honored to be in your presence. Things are way calmer in Alpha's household than you'd expect for the family whose daughter has gone missing. They are back to their normal routine. There has been the appearance of a female every other day at the border. Alpha Denise goes at night to meet her. They exchange letters and go their way. I tried to follow her, but she disappeared into thin air. She wears a long black robe with a hood covering her face. She is covered from head to toe, making it impossible to get a glimpse." Alexa provided me with all the information needed to get Vivian back home.

"Thank you, Alexa, for your service. You should go back to the Moonstone Pack." With that, Alexa went back to the Moonstone Pack.

"What do you say, James? What about we visit my father-in-law? He must be eager to host his son-in-law. Do you want us to make a surprise visit or make them aware of our arrival?" I asked James, fully knowing from his expression that he was ready to make a trip to the Moonstone Pack.

As per Alexa's information, James and I went to the border to see this secret meetup between Alpha Denise and the stranger. I had sent Sean, my Gamma, to inform Alpha Denise that I would be making a visit. I specifically told Sean to make an entrance when I told him. I wanted to see the distress in Alpha Denise's face when he hears his son-in-law is coming to meet him. Alpha Denise was the first one to arrive at the border. I mind-linked Sean to be ready to enter the pack house. As I saw a black shadow nearing the border, I gave Sean the signal to enter the pack house. From his expression, I could tell that he got the news. I turned my wolf's ears to hear their conversation.

"Alpha Theodore is coming to the Moonstone Pack. I knew he would show up one day, but I didn't expect him to come this early. We haven't replied to the letter. I don't think he is coming with good intentions. We won't be meeting for the time being. Tell Maria to prepare for war. And please tell Vivian that I love her and that I will meet her as soon as possible. I have to go now to avoid any suspicion," Alpha Denise said with a dreadful expression.

The black-shadow stranger nodded and went her mighty way back. Alexa told me that they never exchanged words, but today is an exception. I sent our best tracker to track this black-shadow stranger. We got what we came for, so we decided not to bother Alpha Denise. I know for sure that he will not be sleeping tonight.

It's time to make a visit to my friend Arisa.

🍀🍀🍀