Chapter 14

Vivian

It wasn't bad riding on his back. Initially, I felt weird riding naked on his back, but he was gentle. We reached the place where we had left our clothes. He dropped me and shifted in front of me, butt-ass naked. He was hiding his toned body in baggy clothes all this time. His toned body shows how much he works out; he's built like a Greek god.

Thank God. He was facing in opposite directions; otherwise, he would have seen me staring at his body. We got dressed and headed to the pack house. There was this dark wood scent, like the scent of nature after heavy rainfall—the smell of woods, mud, and trees. It smells earthy; I've never smelled anything like this before.

I asked Alpha Theodore, "Are you smelling this scent?"

He looked at me and sniffed the air, replying, "No, I don't smell anything. What's wrong, Vivian?"

"No, I smell this earthy scent, like nature after heavy rainfall," I responded without much thought.

His eyes glowed with excitement, and he said, "Vivian, do you think that's mate scent? Mates have a special scent that only their mate can smell."

"I've heard about mates having a scent. Maybe it is. I don't know if I'm the only one who can smell this scent," I replied without showing any expression of excitement.

His eyes gleamed with hope, and he said, "I think you'll get a mate bond slowly," with a warm smile.

I wonder what kind of scent I have. I asked him. "Do I have a scent, Alpha Theodore?"

"Yes, you do, Vivian," he responded.

"What do I smell like? I hope it's good," I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"You smell like spring flowers blooming. Your smell is pleasant," he replied, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Shall we go home now?" he added.

We headed towards the pack house, but the way looked different. I didn't remember taking this path in the morning. Contemplating if we were lost, I asked, "Alpha Theodore, are we taking a shortcut to the pack house? I don't remember taking this way in the morning."

"We are going to our home, Vivian," he replied with a short answer, without providing an explanation. Confused, I continued, "We are going to the pack house, right, Alpha Theodore?"

"No, I don't live in the pack house. I do have an office there. I have my own house," he replied nonchalantly.

"You have your own house," I responded, shocked.

"Yes, I do. I don't like living with other people," he said.

"Then why are we heading to your place? I am fine living in the pack house. I don't want to disturb your peace," I replied, hoping he'd consider my words.

"You are my mate. You are an exception. You'll understand once you fully feel the mate bond. I don't trust you with other people. You are my responsibility and my utmost priority right now. If you want me to trust you after your stunt last night trying to escape, then you can keep on dreaming about it," he replied with a smirk.

"I don't feel comfortable living in your home. Can I live with Carla in the meantime?" I asked, hoping for a positive response.

"Vivian, you are the safest person in the eastern region. Nobody will harm you. Don't forget you are mated to the Alpha of the Nightfall Pack," he assured me.

Is he this dense? I replied with a softer voice, trying not to offend him, "I don't feel comfortable living with you, Alpha Theodore, in your house alone."

He seemed offended and angry, but he didn't take it out on me. "Vivian, do you think that lowly of me? I want you to answer me honestly," he said with hurt and disbelief in his eyes.

"What do you want me to say, Alpha Theodore? Do you think it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live with you in your house? It's too irresistible to say no. I don't have a full grasp on my life right now. Can you think from my perspective? What do you really want from me? How can you expect me to happily live like nothing has happened? You want me to forget my life and act like this is my happy life." I let all my frustration out on him.

"We are here. We can have a talk inside the house." He replied back without looking at me.

🍀🍀🍀