Chapter 15

Vivian

We entered the house. This two-story house features a touch of modern architecture with black and white accents. Its dark wooden floors match the dark theme, creating a rather masculine atmosphere. However, it lacks a homely feeling; everything appears staged, like a showroom.

You can stay in the guest bedroom, which is next to the office. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask Meredith. He left the house without giving me a chance to speak.

Who is Meredith? As I explored the living room, a tall, blond-haired woman with a slim figure approached me, greeting me with a smile.

"Good evening, Luna. I'm Meredith. I'm in charge of housekeeping and maintaining the house," she said warmly.

She seems friendly. I'm relieved to have another woman in the house. I realized I hadn't introduced myself yet. "Good evening, Meredith. I'm Vivian, Carla's friend. I'll be staying here for some time. Please, call me Vivian, not Luna," I replied, mustering a tight smile to show enthusiasm about living in the house with him.

"Of course, Vivian. Let me give you a tour. This is the main living room, and if you look to the side, you'll see the open kitchen with the dining room beside it. Straight ahead, there are three rooms: one for storage, one for the guest room where you'll be staying, and one for Alpha Theodore's home office. Do you have any food allergies? I'm heading to the kitchen to prepare dinner." Meredith asked, looking concerned.

"What about the second floor? Aren't you going to show me that?" I inquired, curious about what the upper level looked like.

"The second floor is Alpha Theodore's private space. Nobody is allowed up there unless he invites you. Lucy is the only one who has access, as she's been his housekeeper since he was a teenager. So, be cautious not to wander upstairs," Meredith replied seriously.

I nodded, indicating that I understood. "I don't have any known food allergies," I assured her before heading to the guest room. It's larger than my room back home, with a black king-sized bed, matching nightstands, and a big mirror with a dresser. I was excited to see the window and looked outside through it. Opening the window, I saw a thorny plant surrounded by barbed wire. Escaping through the window didn't seem feasible. There were two doors beside the window. The first door revealed a walk-in closet stocked with clothes in my size. The next door led to a bathroom with a bathtub, a rain shower, and a vanity with self-care products. A thoughtful touch.

I decided to take a shower before dinner, making full use of the bathtub. An hour later, I got ready and headed to the kitchen. Meredith noticed and smiled at me. "Please have a seat, Vivian. Dinner is ready, and I hope you enjoy it," she gestured.

Meredith had prepared chicken Alfredo, garlic bread, Caesar salad, and brownies for dessert. "I apologize for only cooking a few dishes. Since Alpha doesn't come home often and usually eats at the pack house, I could only make a few things today," she explained apologetically.

"It's alright. The food looks and tastes delicious," I reassured her before asking questions. "What do you mean when you say Alpha doesn't come here often? Where does he stay?"

Meredith hesitated for a moment before responding, "Most of the time, Alpha is out of town for business. He has cabins on the pack land where he stays as he pleases."

"I see. Who else lives in the house?" I inquired.

"Nobody. Only Alpha lives here. There are five of us on staff who come daily to do chores and leave after 6 p.m. But today, Alpha requested that I stay to take care of you," she explained.

"Okay," I replied. After finishing dinner, I returned to my room to sleep. I woke up around 10 a.m. and hurriedly got ready before heading to the kitchen. Meredith was cooking.

"Good morning, Vivian. Did you sleep well?" She asked cheerfully.

"Yes, I did, but I woke up late," I replied, slightly embarrassed.

"Breakfast is ready. Please have a seat," Meredith said, bringing the food to the table. The spread included cereals, eggs, sausages, bacon, waffles, pancakes, juices, and potatoes cooked in various ways. I asked Meredith if we were expecting any guests.

"No, Alpha wanted to ensure you had a hearty breakfast after the light dinner yesterday," she replied.

"That's very kind of him. Where is Alpha Theodore?" I asked.

"He came about an hour ago, gave some orders, and left," Meredith replied. "Did he come home yesterday?" I questioned her further.

"No, he didn't come home yesterday," she quickly responded.

I wonder where he is now.

🍀🍀🍀