Chapter 27

Vivian

I took clothes and some personal hygiene products and made my way to the hut. Samuel is already awake. I gave him clothes. Samuel looked at them and sighed. I raised my eyebrows, daring him to speak a single word.

"Beggars can't be choosers. They are hippie clothes. I get it; it's not your taste, but you'll look good in it," I said, giving him a smile.

"You want me to believe that this neon yellow pant and bright pink blouse with a big flower print will make me look good. You're unbelievable. I'm known as Mr. Stylist among my peers. Thank the Moon Goddess; they're not here," Samuel said with a frown.

I got ready for the day, wearing a white flowy blouse with a red-tiered skirt with daisy prints. I was admiring myself in the mirror when Samuel came in, in disbelief that my outfit was better than his. He pouted his lips all the way to Maria's hut.

"What took you so long? I know I told you to take a long shower, but you took a way too long shower. Since you'll be staying here for some time, you need to do some chores. We need extra hands. Tell me, what can you do for me?" Maria's words brought some peace to my mind. I expected to get kicked out of this place, but it seems I'll be staying.

"I can help with herbs. I am knowledgeable when it comes to herbs. I can give you my expertise to make concoctions," Samuel expressed his joy, recalling his herb-related skills that landed him in jail in the Nightfall Pack.

"What about you?" Maria questioned me.

I pondered what I could do for her, realizing I lacked skills. I never had to work back home. I felt embarrassed to admit I had no skills.

"You can do cleaning. Lizzy will teach you how to clean, so you don't have to worry," Maria said and left. I was speechless. Lizzy would teach me how to clean-how ridiculous! Lizzy dragged me to the cleaning station.

"You're a big girl. You can do it. I'm going to play. There are cleaning products. You have to clean the common area, bonfire, and dining hall. Good luck." With that, Lizzy went her way.

Cleaning is easy, right? I took a bucket and added cleaning detergent. I went to the common hall to clean, which is next to our hut. I poured the soapy water all over the place and moved to the dining hall. I did the same as in the dining hall. With leftover detergent, I dumped it on the bonfire pit. It took me less than 20 minutes to clean. I went to the hut to take a nap. I woke up to the angry face of Maria.

"Vivian, I told you to clean, not to make a mess," Maria said angrily.

"I cleaned as you told me," I replied back in the same tone as hers.

"Come with me," Maria said, leaving the hut. I followed her to the common hall.

"Why is there soapy water everywhere? Is this how the Moonstone Pack cleans?" Maria spat out her words.

"The water should be dried by now. Maybe it will take an hour to dry up," I replied back. I don't know what's a big deal.

Samuel laughed, breaking the silence. "Vivian, you are one of a kind. You really just pour the soapy water on the floor and call it a day. You never fail to surprise me."

"Vivian, I am sorry. I thought you were capable of cleaning. I will help you. Maria, Don't be upset. In no time, Vivian will be an expert in cleaning." Lizzy's words brought me comfort. Bystanders were whispering about my incompetence. They left the place, leaving me with Lizzy.

"Vivian, look at me. First, you dry sweep the place, then pour the soapy water and scrub the place, and pour clean water to get rid of the soapy water and dry with a clean towel." I followed the instructions. It took me all day to clean the spaces. I was tired and made my way to the hut.

Samuel was lying on the bed, reading a book. I threw a pillow at his face. "You made a fool out of me. People were laughing at me."

"You made a fool out of yourself, not me," Samuel smirked. "You are not going to ask, but as your friend, I had a great day. Lisa is the head of herbs and told me that she has never met anyone as skilled as me. She offered me an apprentice position."

"Congratulations. You deserve the offer. I am so happy for you. I am so tired. My body is aching. I am heading to the dining hall. Do you want to come?"

It has already been a week here. Lizzy told me that Maria is one of the powerful witches in the eastern region. She comes from a long family of witches. This place is sealed with magic, making it unbreakable and invisible from the outside. I have received letters from the father. He will be making a visit next week to meet me.

"Vivian, Alpha Theodore is in the Moonstone Pack." Maria said it with fear in her eyes.

 🍀🍀🍀