The Cat Is Picky

A/N: JJK Season 2 is whooping my ass. I've read the manga and knew it was coming but it is still kicking my ass. So I'm making happy shit to fill the void in my broken heart. (Please don't comment any spoilers (if you do anyway I'll just block you) I'm trying to remain delulu and protect those who don't know yet)

Side Note: There's a lot of typos and formatting errors in here. I've tried to fix it but it doesn't seem to stick (thanks Wattpad 😑) sorry in advance.

"Meow."

I looked to the side where the noise came from and saw a snow-white cat sitting on a little community library box, messing with some glasses on its face. The small dark glasses were slightly crooked and when his paw hit the glasses they completely fell off. The cat jumped down, pawing at the glasses, looking increasingly agitated. I squatted down and picked them up. The cat meowed at me and the bluest eyes I'd ever seen on anything peered back at me. The cat meowed again and I came back to myself, putting the little glasses on it. The cat blinked, wrinkling its nose a bit and then seemed to settle down. The cat purred and rubbed my hand, messing up its glasses again. I cooed at the cat, scratching under its chin. The cat closed its eyes, leaning into my touch, the purring getting louder. My heart couldn't take it.

What a friendly little guy~!

I lamented the state of my home. I didn't have anything for a cat and I wasn't entirely sure what my lease terms were. As the cat meowed at me, I resolved to visit and see how he was doing throughout the week. Just to make sure he's safe. I adjusted the glasses one final time and stood up, waving to the cat as I took my leave.

What an adorable little Angel!

The experience put a pep in my step after a hard work day. It quickly wore off as I remembered all the stuff I would have to do tomorrow. Technically today was the start of the annoying stuff and it's heading into the busy season. My shoulders curved forward weighed down by the weight of having to do it all again tomorrow. I debated getting something sweet on the way home to cheer myself up, eyeing the stores I passed to see if anything caught my attention. Something brushed against my leg. I thought it was my pants at first when it happened again. When I looked down, it was the same cat. Our eyes met it and it meowed again. I squatted, giving the little angel some more love.

"You're very cute but my house isn't cat-proof. Go home now." I said sadly.

Against my better judgment, I pet the cat for a few minutes before walking into a nearby store and buying something for it to snack on. They had some little sticks of meat that I was pretty sure was cat-safe. I completely unwrapped the packaging and laid the meat on top of it. The cat sniffed then ate it and I smiled. I gave it one last pet before walking ahead. After a few more blocks, I noticed the cat was brushing against my leg again, carrying the meat in its mouth.

"Little guy, I cannot take you home. Eat and go back where you were." I said in a voice that was meant to sound more firm but wavered a lot.

The shrill bell, signaling a bike passing by pierced my ears. A guy barreled down the sidewalk on his bike, ringing that bell incessantly while hurriedly pedaling since the bike lane on the street was full. He acknowledged me, nodding as I moved to the side but I quickly noticed he never saw the cat. The tires were headed straight for him. I snatched up the cat just as he dashed past, my heart pounding. The cat didn't have a care in the world. It purred and rubbed against my face. Then set the meat down on me so it could take another bite out of it.

"Seriously, On my shoulder?" I said with faux disdain. "You don't even care you were almost ran over do you?"

The cat just continued eating. I sighed and adjusted so I could carry it like a baby. The cat seemed more than happy to have me carry him, peering at me beyond its little cat sunglasses. He was criminally cute and I couldn't bring myself to walk the extra mile to drop him off at a shelter. He won't die in my apartment if he stayed for the night. I bought some stuff for his temporary stay and the cat seemed perplexed by the things I was picking up.