The Cat is Protective

"You have a cat right?" My coworker asked.

"Uh...yea how'd you know?"

"You missed a couple of spots with your lint roller." She picked up some hair off my shoulder and smiled.

"Do you have a cat?"

"Mhmmm!" She pulled up her phone and a brown tabby cat was her screensaver. "That's my little boy!" She gushed.

"He's so cute!" I said as she scrolled through the pictures she took of him.

Cats truly are a treasure

"Can I see yours?" She asked.

I pulled out my phone and showed her pictures and she squealed, covering her mouth when she realized she was being a bit too loud.

"Where did you find him?! The adoption must've been expensive!"

"On the street. He followed me home after I fixed his glasses."

"Lucky~! Cat Distribution System choosing god's favorites." She smiled at me. "Oh! There was a new cat snack shop that opened not too far from here. Have you tried it yet?"

"No..." I trailed off. He does seem to be really interested when I brought sweets home. But I've always been too scared to risk it because I eat a lot of chocolate and that's deadly to cats. "Is it good?"

"Oh, the best. My cat gets so excited when he sees the packaging."

"Hmmm....I'd better give it a go then! He seemed to be down lately anyway."

After a little more cat-talk we both got to work, sharing cat emojis with each other in response to work announcements. It was the first really nice conversation I've had with someone since moving here. I planned to check out the shop after work but I ended up running into a member of the Star Religious Group again. Without Satoru here I ended up having to talk to him and took a card I planned to throw away the second he wasn't looking. After finishing a very confusing and exhausting conversation, I decided to go home and check it out later.

The second I stepped through the door. Satoru hissed at me, sniffing aggressively around me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Displeased meow.

I sniffed my clothes. I didn't really smell anything. I hopped into the shower anyway and when I came out, Satoru was clawing at my bag.

"No!" I rushed out and saw some holes in it.

"Satoru! Why would you do that."

He started meowing a lot but I wasn't really interested in trying to decipher it. I went into my bedroom and transferred bags, making sure to keep it out of reach so he wouldn't tear up another one. I really liked that one. When I exited the room he tried to enter but I closed the door behind me with a stern look.

"I liked that bag Satoru." I huffed and then sat on the couch.

He padded over to me, rubbing against my leg but I was determined to give him the silent treatment. I looked up articles on how to train cats not to claw things. Probably something I should've considered earlier but he was so well behaved before now. The gist was to reward him when he did the action I wanted. I'll have to look more into it. Maybe ask my coworker when I went to work tomorrow. Satoru settled on the couch beside me, giving me a sad look. It was hard but I wanted him to know I wasn't happy with him. He eventually gave up and went back to watching the TV.

Gojo POV

She was mad at me til morning.

She even kept the door closed last night. Normally I wouldn't care, hell, the cat bed was pretty comfy but I'd gotten used to being doted on at this point. If she knew why I clawed that bag open she'd be telling me how wonderful I was. I stood up as I heard her alarm go off. She shuffled around and my nose wrinkled as another whiff of that awful stench wafted beyond her bedroom door. Something was planted in her bag for sure.