The Man Is Jealous

I double-checked my purse to make sure I had everything. Wallet? Check. Keys? Check. Baton for self-defense? Check. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked as nervous as I felt. It had been a long time since I'd gone clubbing and I wasn't even sure if I could pretend I knew how to dance anymore.

"Meow!"

"Hey, Toru~!" I said, quickly bending down and petting the white cat.

A couple of days ago a white cat with blue eyes was hanging around the building. I immediately thought it was Satoru until I took him inside and realized the eyes weren't the same. Just to be sure, I tested out the cat food and the cat happily ate it. I made another post to the lost cat group emphasizing this was a different cat and yet again no owner stepped up. People theorized it was Satoru's brother. I knew that was impossible but couldn't say anything.

While he didn't teleport or feel strangely intelligent, he was still an adorable little man. I scooped him up giving him a little kiss and set him on the cat bed. He quickly hopped up and followed me back to the bathroom which melted my heart. My doorbell rang and I ran over to answer it. It was Satoru.

"Hey! I'm actually gonna leave in a few minutes. Hang around if you want." I said quickly checking the time and running back to my bedroom.

When I exited my bedroom, I saw Satoru staring at my cat.

"He was crying outside the building so I took him in"

"Who's his owner?" He asked.

"Me. I guess. Nobody's claimed him."

Toru ran over to me and purred while hanging around my legs. I sighed happily and picked him up.

"Every time you come over here I have to put a lint roller over my outfit. You're killing me." I said with no real bite.

Satoru looked at me, then the cat.

"Get rid of it." He said with a sparkling smile.

"No," I said. "Why?"

"He could be another man you never know."

"He ate cat food."

Toru cuddled into me and I smiled. I almost didn't want to go out.

I'll never let myself be catless again.

"Okay, Toru I'm running late and have to go okay?" I cooed at my cat.

"Toru." He repeated sourly.

I ignored him and carried the cat back to his bed, this time putting on a video of birds feeding on a stump that he seemed to like. He watched the screen with rapt attention and I was in the clear. The litter box was good. There was still food and water in the bowls. Everything is set. Just one last lint roller session.

"I'm coming with you." Satoru said while looking at the cat.

"Do you hate cats or something?" I asked.

"Yes." He said sullenly, still staring at my cat.

"Maybe that's why you were turned into one for your crimes." I noted passively, debating earrings.

What he said caught up with me.

"No, you're not."

"Hmm?"

"Coming with me. It's a girls' night with some coworkers."

"Well if I happen to go to the same club and see you there..."

"Are you serious?"

One look at him and I could tell he was.

"Well, I'm running late and leaving now so good luck with that." I said.