My Cat Misses Me Too

Gojo POV

So she didn't get another cat. I smiled as I walked over to where the kids were waiting.

"If you're not gonna use your infinity then use the umbrella." Megumi said.

I activated my infinity and the water droplets flew off of me.

"You're too young to understand." I said with a sparkling smile.

Megumi made a disgusted face.

"What does that mean?" He asked sourly.

I hummed as we headed to where Ichiji was waiting for us. It's been a bit since I've turned back to normal. I didn't really notice but until she adjusted my blindfold I'd been vaguely irritated. Not so much now. I looked at the umbrella by my side.

Now I have an excuse to see her.

Y/N POV

He's on my couch.

His lanky body covered the whole thing. He slept peacefully while I stared at him. Oddly enough he slept pretty similar to how he did when he was a cat. I thought it'd be different. I knew I should be alarmed by his sudden presence in some way but maybe it was the after-work haze or the late hour but I just didn't feel any urgency.

I was however aware he should be punished in some way.

Wake up buttercup!

I walked over to the couch and immediately tried to sit on him. I got down to a certain point but then my body stopped. I blinked and tried again. Did he break gravity while he was in here? Isn't that kind of bad?

"I kinda wondered what you'd do but...." He said.

My body suddenly dropped the last bit of distance as he sat up. Even sitting down he was taller than me. I ignored the fact I essentially was sitting on his lap and sighed.

"What are you doing here?"

"Returning your umbrella."

"You could have left it by the door."

He put my hand on his head.

"I want you to praise me."

I froze. I definitely heard that wrong.

"...Huh."

"You fawned over me for basically breathing when I was a cat. And I did a good job today. So praise me."

This isn't like a kink thing right?

"...Are you serious?"

He just looked at me. And I tried to stare back to make room for any other emotion to bubble up. Shame. Awareness. Awkwardness. Nothing. And I was a fool for expecting anything different. I gave up and slowly ran my hands through his hair.

"Good job today." I said hesitantly.

He leaned into my touch, the same way he did when he was a cat but that piercing stare had an entirely different effect. The bit of distance between us didn't feel like enough all of a sudden. I was also hyperaware of how tired I must look. How different he must see me as a human. I tried to keep my face impassive as more thoughts ran through my mind.

"If I turned back into a cat, would you treat me like before?" He asked.

"Probably not exactly."

I thought about his adorable cat form. How fluffy and full of affection he was. Even now I'd give that cat anything he wanted.

"Okay maybe very similar. You were a very cute cat." I admitted.

"I'm not cute now?" He asked with a knowing smile.

"...How did you get turned into a cat?" I asked. "What's with the powers? Why couldn't I sit on you."

"You wanna sit on me?" He said with a smile.

"I'm begging you to stop making innuendos."

"But I like when you beg-"

"Tell me about the damn cat thing!" I snapped, immediately standing up. "And move your legs so I can sit."

I could tell he wanted to make another joke, probably about sitting on his lap but he complied. Thank god.

"You sure you wanna know?" He asked.

"Is it gonna kill me?"

"No. But it might be scary." He smirked.

"Then give me a light overview."

"Some humans just emit cursed energy, others can control it."

"Cursed energy?"

"Think negative emotions and stuff leaking out."

"I know this isn't what you mean but the concept of your specific depression giving you superpowers is a little funny."

"Anyway-"

"Oh, so you're the only one who can joke around. Got it."

"With that energy, we can all do certain things and some of us have specific powers we're born with." He said ignoring me. "Also I'm funny."

"Right cause we didn't leave the that's what she said jokes in middle school."

"One of the newer students in the Kyoto office can turn people into different things and my coworker pulled a prank on me." He ignored me.

"You said it was Utahime. She didn't seem like a prankster so what did you do?"

"I ate her food."

".....You should've been turned into a frog. Not a cute cat."

He frowned a bit.

"And the star religion group? Are they like you guys?"

A hint of sadness clouded his features.

"No, not even close."

I guess it really is a long story.

"Well...nice to officially meet you Satoru. Sorry for trying to make you a eunich."

"Nice to meet you too." He laughed.

"See? I'm funny too." I smiled.

After that I asked about anything I could think of. What he liked, what he didn't like. Found out he was rich and thought about sending him an itemized bill for all the cat stuff. He eventually asked if we could watch the show I was watching.

"But I talk."

"Yea?"

"Some people don't like that."

"The show's too quiet anyway."

I rolled my eyes and we watched the show. I messaged my office to let them know I was taking a day off tomorrow. Even if my manager gets mad I'm sick of doing overtime. While I still felt awkward around the human version of him it was comfortable. And even if he won't admit it he kept laughing at my jokes. He wasn't my cat anymore but he made the place feel like home again. Eventually, it got late and I stretched.

"This was fun but I gotta take a shower and sleep."

"Don't let me stop you."

"The whole purposefully not getting it thing is getting old."

"Want me to join you?"

"The flirting too."

He pouted.

"Not nearly as effective as when you were a cat. Leave Satoru." I said as I walked over to the bathroom.

When I walked out, all the lights were off in the living room. I went into my room and there was a piece of paper on my bed. It had a little drawing of Cat-Satoru and a number. I smiled and shot him a quick Here's my number text. Then I crawled into bed, a huge smile on my face.

My cat missed me too.