The Cat is A Man

Even with a lack of nightmares the overtime was killing me. There wasn't enough time to relax before waking up and being at the office again. Everyone's patience was razor thin and everyone was getting burnt out. Even coming home and seeing my adorable cat wasn't enough to wash away the tiredness. I was shuffling home at around eight o clock and I saw my work friend talking to a member of that religious group. I got close enough to hear their conversation.

"I can tell you have something hanging on you. We can book you an emergency session."

She paused, looking down.

"Will I be able to sleep afterward?" She finally asked.

The religious member's smile widened.

"Not only will you be able to rest but you'll be at peace." He said, holding her hand with a serene expression.

I rushed over there and grabbed her hand. She seemed to snap out of it and looked at me. The bags under her eyes were deep. She was swaying on the spot.

"Wanna go over my house today?" I asked.

I looked over to the frowning religious member and I dragged her with me without waiting for an answer. I expected her to complain more but she was pretty docile as I led her to my home. When we got inside, I handed her some alcohol I had in my fridge and sighed as I sat down. I didn't know what to say even though I forced this to happen. Satoru looked at her bag and his eyes narrowed but he stayed put where he was at.

"Work fucking sucks." I finally said.

She looked at me and then cracked a smile.

"It sure fucking does." She agreed, clinking her drink with mine. "If the manager yells at me one more time I might lose it."

"Ugh! And he was so nitpicky about shit that isn't even required. It just looks neater to him and Him only!!"

We ranted about work for another hour and then she sat back with a very exhausted expression.

"Maybe this is what I needed." She said. "I don't feel heavy anymore."

I glanced at the talismans all over my house.

"Maybe," I said. I waited a few minutes before speaking up. "That group is bad news. I really don't think you should go with them."

"I'm willing to try anything at this point."

"When did your nightmares start?" I asked.

"Couple weeks ago."

"Were they after a cult member approached you?" I asked tentatively.

She thought for a second, her brows pulling together. She didn't confirm or deny the statement.

"Mine conveniently started right after I was forced into a conversation with them. And yea I know how that sounds." I said. "I don't know how they're doing it or if they're doing it but I do know my cat hates them and I'm choosing to trust that."

"Huh....you know my cat's been acting fidgety ever since I talked to someone from their group now that I think about it." She finally said, sitting up a little straighter, the gears turning in her head.

We sat in silence for a moment before I stood up, stretching.

"So you staying for the night? You can use my bed." I offered.

She looked at the clock and sighed.

"Yea. You got some clothes I can borrow."

"Sure."

She headed to the shower and I leaned down near Satoru who seemed a little grumpy this whole time.

"Can you get rid of what's causing the nightmares for her?" I asked.