I Miss My Cat

A/N: Hey everyone! I realized for some reason the formatting was messed up on some of the earlier chapters so I tried to fix it.

"Quit playing around and tell me where my fucking cat is. Now." I snarled at him, gripping the bat tighter.

The man was unphased, tilting his head.

"You don't think it's strange that I look exactly like your cat?" He said. "I can say what we did the past week too if that helps."

"You and every other stalker," I replied immediately, trying not to let his words sink in.

"You have stalkers?" He asked, his stance more alert.

White hair, same glasses, same general sort of aura. No way.

No fucking-

"You saw me naked!" I blurted out. Then I gasped. "I bathed with you."

"I'm not apologizing for that. I tried not to look." He said. " Also, you threatened to cut my balls off, I think we're even."

"I thought you were a cat. Not...not..."

"A handsome man?"

"This is unbelievable. You were a man the whole time?"

"You keep saying man with a lot of disgust-"

"Because I am!"

*What else happened?

"Were you aware the whole time?"

"Yes." He answered.

"Then what about...the- the powers?"

My shirt was unexpectedly pulled forward. I tripped and he caught me, holding me up. He was warm and his hold was firm. Not a hint of wavering or effort under my weight despite the awkward angle. He had smooth clear skin and well-defined muscle all around. And as much as I wanted to deny it, he had white hair the same color as my cat's fur. There was also no mistaking those piercing eyes.

"Get out." I said.

"Like this?" He teased.

Even his voice was attractive. This shit sucked.

"Cut the shit, I know you can teleport." I said, backing far away from him.

"Are-"

"You didn't let those girls tell me who you were." I said in a low voice, tugging my shirt down.

His grip tightened and he looked away. Finally, some expression of guilt. He stood up from the bed, and I quickly looked away.

"You can have payback for the naked thing."

"I miss when you couldn't talk."

He chuckled and searched on the bed, presumably for his glasses. I walked over, ignoring the naked man, and fished them out of the bedside drawer. I offered them to him, glancing at his face which was....way higher than I thought it'd be. This guy was pretty tall.

"I was scared they'd break if they were on the bed."

He reached for them and I quickly held them close.

"How did you turn into a cat?"

"Utahime and some first-year schemed because I kept..."

Satoru (is that even his name?) paused for a moment.

"I kept messing with Utahime." He finished up vaguely.

I'm not sure why he stopped himself from saying what he did but I had things I was way more curious about.

"Okay but how? What are you guys?"

"Shamans; sorcerers." He said.

I narrowed my eyes. That sounds basically a step away from the cult.

"So the Star Religion group was like a rival gang this whole time or...?" I pinched my eyebrows.

He laughed and then tried to sober up when he saw my face.

"That's....not far off but that's a very long story."

I didn't have the bandwidth to hear any long stories.

"Get out of my house." I sighed.

There was a beat of silence before an almost silent 'alright' and more silence except without the heat his body gave off. I looked to the side and he was gone. My head spun and I decided I'd rather sleep more than continue to think right at this moment. When I woke up, I kind of hoped I'd see my cat beside me or stepping on my face but there was nothing. I walked into the living room to find something to watch and noticed my half-open computer.

When I angled it up, I saw one of the restaurants Satoru ordered from. In the corner his account name just said GS. I felt a little relieved I didn't pay for all that food yesterday. I vacillated between feeling guilty for kicking him out and then feeling angry he didn't let me find out the truth. The day passed by quickly and it felt like I blinked and was at work again. Every time I thought about Satoru, I remembered that not only was he not a cat, he wasn't home anymore and it made the workday worse.

Wake up, go home, miss my cat. Repeat.

In the middle of the week, I ran into the man at the bakery early in the morning. He had on a blindfold and a dark purple uniform. Which really didn't help my questions about the cult aspect of whatever he does. I looked at the menu just to have something to do other than focus on him.

"Is your name really Satoru?" I blurted out when he finished checking out.

He looked at me and I couldn't really see what he was thinking. He was way less expressive now.

"Yup." He said.

"Gojo!" Someone said and a teen with pink hair and a similar uniform.

He noticed we were talking to each other and politely greeted me.

"Are you also-"

"We gotta get going." Satoru said, ruffling the teen's hair and walking out of the bakery.

The teen glanced at me and then rushed to catch up to Satoru. I saw the teen lean in and ask something to which he smiled before he was out of sight. I sighed and ordered a coffee. More days passed. And then I ran into him again. The ran was pouring but he didn't have an umbrella. Somehow his hair stood up still, probably due to his magic. It wasn't for long though. The rain soaked through and he got wet. I debated for a few moments before walking over and lifting my umbrella over him.

I was about to leave my umbrella in his hands and walk away when his blindfold slipped a little bit. He looked at me with those eyes again. I handed him the umbrella, then reached up and awkwardly re-tied his blindfold.

"Did you get another cat?" He asked.

"No."

He smiled and somehow I felt like I just admitted something embarrassing. I rushed off to half jog to the convenience store to buy another umbrella. I was stuck in thought all the way home. And every single rambling train of thought led to the same conclusion.

I miss my cat.