The Cat has Strange Powers

It's been about almost a week since I've had this cat. The lost cat ad has died down to people just wanting more pictures, which I obliged since he was in fact very cute. He also seemed to be aware of the camera and posed when he saw me trying to take a picture. It was kind of cool. And uncanny. I've completely given up on giving him cat food and I still haven't found a name for him yet.

"Snowball?"

Disapproving Meow.

"Shiro?"

Disapproving Meow

"Fluffy?"

The cat just looked at me over its glasses and that was the last straw.

"Well, how about you just tell me what your name is!" I huffed.

He hopped onto my lap and meowed.

"I don't understand cat." I said.

The cat meowed again but this time purred and rubbed itself on my face and hands.

"Not gonna work."

He just kept doing it and I'm pretty sure we both knew I was in this kitty's palm (paw?). The cat hopped off my lap and headed to the hallway. I didn't really pay him any mind until he shut the bathroom door. I scrambled up, worried he got into something. I slowly opened the door in case he was right in front of it and saw him squatting over the toilet. I blinked, not believing what I was seeing.

"Uhhh..."

"Meow!"

"S-sorry...?" I said confused and closed the door. After a few minutes, I heard the toilet flush and he meowed again. I wasn't sure what he wanted until he scratched at the door. Then I opened it and the little fluffy cat sauntered out, tail high and not a care in the world. I on the other hand was confused as all get out. Before I could even begin to piece together my thoughts on it, my doorbell rang. I walked over to answer it, glancing at the cat one last time before giving the person at the door my attention. A person in all white, and a peaceful smile stood there and I immediately was on edge.

"Hello, I'm from the Star Religious Group. Do you have time to talk about the Light and Guidance of the Star?"

"Sorry-" I immediately responded.

My cat loudly hissed in the background. He pushed in between us and swiped at the man viciously who stepped back in surprise. I tried to scoop him up but he was as slippery as an eel. He kept hissing and forcing the man to step away from the door.

"I'm so sorry he's never like this." I said apologetically, embarrassed by the cat's sudden behavior.

"It's fine, I can come back another time or we can meet elsewhere-"

The cat yowled as if to deny the offer. He ran back inside, pushing against me. I stepped back because I thought he wanted to get past me but instead, the cat turned around and jumped on the door, slamming it closed. When I reached for the handle he meowed loud until I crossed my arms.

"What was that?! He may be a religious nut but I could've handled that."

The cat meowed once more, this time short and firm, and then headed back to the couch, it's job done. I rolled my eyes and sat beside it. After a few minutes I picked it up to put on my lap and pet it. Cue purrs and self satisfied ear flicking.

"You just wanted to protect me huh?" I said.

He let out a sweet little meow and cuddled into me.

"You're so lucky you're adorable." I grumbled.

Well...after all that he probably won't come back here.

I gave him a sweet, as a reward since he did save me a headache. I was never super great at turning away polite pushy people. Malls were a nightmare for me once I made eye contact. I looked at my laptop and saw the characters Sa To Ru typed on them.