The Flower of Eidheann [1]

By the time the next morning rolled around, Arwen and Edmund had to do their best to evade the multitude of servants and staff that were rushing around the castle halls in preparation for that evening's feast. While the marriage union between Arthur and Elena did not take place, the two Kings had come to a different treaty. One which had officially been signed that morning. And as such, the feast which had been meant to honour the newlyweds had been repurposed. Now it was being held to simply honour their prosperous future as two separate kingdoms but strong allies.

"The majority of the men that came with my father and myself intend to leave as soon as possible. Some right after the feast, other tomorrow at dawn." Edmund shared as he walked in step with the redhead. "Most are growing on edge the longer they remain in Camelot."

Arwen nodded her head in agreement. After all, she herself had noticed the signs among the men. Some were better at hiding their discomfort, but others had more trouble with it. Most notably, Lord Montague. Arwen would be lying if she'd said she wasn't looking forward to the moment he'd be out of Camelot and too far to cause any more trouble.

"I'll make sure to say goodbye during the feast." She said just as they turned the corner into another hall.

And as they did, Arwen didn't quite catch the nod Edmund offered her in response as her eyes caught sight of the Gwant royals walking in the opposite direction of their own and right towards them. While Lord Godwyn, too preoccupied talking to the man at his side, didn't spare them much of a glance, Arwen's eyes caught Elena's. The two women shared a small nod between themselves, the action reminding Arwen of their own alliance for the future when they themselves will officially be queens.

"Are you sure you don't want me coming along for this patient?" Edmund's question had Arwen's mind snapping back to the present, and only then realizing they'd come to a stop in front of a door which had been her destination all along.

"It's a seven-year-old child, Edmund." The redhead pointed out in an amused laugh. "How much trouble could I possibly get into in there?"

"His father starts sharing opinions."

While Arwen had intended only to check on Illyan's burn and continue with the rest of her day, she'd managed to get roped into having tea with Lady Montague

While Arwen had intended only to check on Illyan's burn and continue with the rest of her day, she'd managed to get roped into having tea with Lady Montague. And while she might've been able to say no to her and make up an excuse, she certainly hadn't been able to resist the little boy who excitedly wished for her to stay as well. Which was how she now found herself sitting at the table in the woman's chambers, laughing along to a story about Illyan's adventure with a frog at their estate as the Lady finished telling it while the boy himself had disappeared from sight, eager to show Arwen some of his favourite toys.

"I also invited you today because I wanted to apologise." Lady Montague spoke as their laughter died down, her words making Arwen send the woman a confused look as she wasn't sure what the apology was for. "My husband tends to express his opinions rather loudly and often... well, improperly. But he holds no ill will. He only has the best of the Kingdom in his interest."