SHIPS 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗘𝗪𝗦

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

──── judge : taetae_army07 ────

- ONCE UPON A BROKEN HEART -
ammu_not_found

COVER : 2/5

The cover was pretty, a beautiful picture of Taehyung but I think it could be better. The title font wasn't the best and it appears that it was made for the sake of a cover but not for the story.

TITLE : 3/5

Title is something that consists of two or three words but not a full sentence. The title "Once upon a broken heart" failed to intrigue me as a reader.

BLURB : 4/5

The blurb was pretty nice, I could feel myself smiling at the funky first chapter. Just make sure that you change paragraphs when changing the dialogues from person to person, it gives a lot more clarity.

FIRST CHAPTER : 8/10

First chapter was nice. I love the light funny feelings it provides. The author tried giving a glimpse of both the characters and as both a reader and a reviewer I loved that. But I think it wasn't enough to raise my curiosity for another one. Like no cliffhanger or no heavy emotions for which a reader would want to scroll ahead.

GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY : 5/10

The author seemed confused between past tense and future tense. I spotted two "was" and three "is" in the same paragraph, for the same situation and person. When writing a story make sure you stick to any one tense (most preferred is past tense) as it helps the readers to connect with the scenarios.

Vocabulary was okay, no heavy words or too lame words were used.

WRITING STYLE : 6/10

The writing style needs improvement, the emotions a character feels as a depressed person could be felt a lot better only if the writing style was nice.

PLOT : 6/15

As the author said in the "introduction" the story was fluffy and soft, I don't see any heavy/interesting plot in the story except Taehyung being already married. That was also not a secret, so no curiosity to know what would happen next. Taehyung's husband wasn't a strong villain and I felt like all the cards were already open in the very first few chapters, Tae being depressed and married. Jungkook being the CEO. So minus for that but as the story is on hold. I will continue to believe in the author.

PACE : 4/10

Pace was too fast, like everything happened in the blink of an eye, Taekook growing into each other's friends or growing so comfortable in the first meet. Tae deciding to go against his husband, no slow burn or wall smashing excitement was created.