0.4 - First Day At Crystal Cove High, Part 3

(A/N: If you're wondering when the Xavier and Nibiru interactions are going to really kick in, it will be in the next act which covers the early Season One episodes up to "Escape From Mystery Manor". There will be some interaction before this act though , but I plan to be able to reach this part in about maybe two more chapters after this one. So, I'll be there eventually. In the meantime, enjoy!)

Previously on the Destroyer's Successor:

Yeah.. this day is actually going very well..

Xavier's POV

I gotta admit, being in the same cafeteria with a talking dog and some people that actually cared about me - on an acquaintance based level - felt so much better than I could have ever imagined.

Fred turned out to be not so much of the mean dude he presented himself as in Mr. Raffalo's class when I had History with him in 4th Period, which was quite nice. The dude was obsessed with traps, for sure, but aside from the screws loose in his head because of it, he actually was an alright guy - though, there were areas he could definitely improve in, like knowing when to dump toxic friends.

It was, in a word, frustrating though to know that such a guy like Fred couldn't even take the hint that he should stop hanging around with Ethan and Gary, since both of them were downright hostile towards Daphne and her friends in general and in the case of Cheryl, Gary having an twisted entitlement sort of unwanted claim on her. How Fred could continue to hang out with those two and not get the hint that they were bad news, was beyond me.

At least I had actually made friends with some other decent guys, Ben Raleigh being one of them. A sort of level headed red-haired teenager who had a love of pirates and whose father taught him the craft of being a mechanic fixing cars, trucks, and motorcycles, he and his dad ran their own vehicle maintenance shop every summer. His girlfriend, Jen, who I met along with Ben in between third and fourth period, were both very nice teens - and very sympathetic with me when I had to bring up a bit of my past.

(A/N: Ben is the first guy who falls victim to the Gnome at the start of the episode "Grasp Of The Gnome", in case you didn't know before

(A/N: Ben is the first guy who falls victim to the Gnome at the start of the episode "Grasp Of The Gnome", in case you didn't know before.)

Of course, after lunch, I had the misfortune to have fifth period, which was Honor Social Studies with Dr. Portillo, with a guy I was destined to encounter again and again in the halls of Crystal Cove High School.

The trouble started almost as soon as I had stepped into the classroom. Instantly, I heard the sound of someone's books being smacked out of their hands and falling to the ground, and then the sound of a guy's laugh that instantly made me feel annoyed.

Brenda, who was walking next to me, turned to look at the sight a few moments and sighed. I turned to look at it. There, in the back part of the classroom, was a dude about the same height as Dylan, but also a little less bulkier than Gary, with curly red hair and wearing khaki pants, a green vest, a white t-shirt, and dog tags and a tattoo of a heart with an arrow through it on his shoulder, laughing at a brunette haired girl wearing glasses down on her knees on the floor trying to pick up her books. Suffice it to say, it instantly got me angry due to my past.