0.5 - A Mysterious Man named 'E'

(A/N: A lot of this chapter is going to be centered on the scene between the gang and their parents after the start of "Beware The Beast From Below", with Xavier's mysterious letter being examined afterwards. Also, I don't really want to do this whole scene - specifically the part from the actual show - word for word.. so some of this I'll skim over. And a shout-out to @nutmeg2000p for her fanfic on SDMI, which I'll also being paying a bit of tribute to in this fanfic as the story goes along.. not in this chapter, but starting to Act Two.)

Previously on the Destroyer's Successor:

Either way, my first day at Crystal Cove High School had been definitely one to remember, though with this piece of mail, I couldn't help but get the feeling that there was way more to this town besides 'N' and the curse than I could ever imagine.

Location: Crystal Cove Spook Museum

Third Person POV

Velma was just absolutely annoyed, bored, and miserable, even as she did her usual after-school job of being a tour guide for a lot of the daily tours at her parents' shop and business, the Crystal Cove Spook Museum. It was perfectly understandable though, for such a smart lady like her - she absolutely did not understand why her own parents would prefer it if she kept lying to the tourists in front of her by saying the monsters that haunted Crystal Cove were real - when in fact the town's most famous 'supernatural' visitors were all fakes. It was totally mind-boggling to her, and her parents' reasoning of "it'll keep the tourists flowing in.." just really didn't cut it for her.

She definitely was feeling satisfied in telling the group of tourists in front of her the truth about Crystal Cove's famous visitors - that they all turned out to be fakes - and why wouldn't she? For a brief moment, she could actually tell the truth about how the supposed real supernatural visitors weren't actually real. Then again, anyone with enough brain power visiting this museum could have figured it out themselves by thinking about the trick question which was how on earth did the museum get the costumes for these ghouls if these creeps were real. Oh, if only Madelyn, her younger sister, were here to see this..

(A/N: We'll see Madelyn in this soon enough..)

And then her parents had to ruin the moment by covering her mouth and silencing her from going on any further. Oh, the indignity..

Velma crossed her arms and rolled her eyes as her parents concluded the tour, and smiled as the tourists left, before their looks morphed into unhappy scowls at their daughter.

"What do you think you were doing, young lady?" asks her mother Angie.

"Are you trying to destroy our business?" adds in her father Dale.

"Reboot, parentals" Velma replies. "I was just being honest with these people."

"Those incidents were mere isolated cases in Crystal Cove's otherwise un-blemished supernatural past of haunting and supernatural happenings.." Dale asserts, and Velma rolls her eyes again. Again with this crappy logic, she thinks to herself. What is with people in this town?

"That's your generation's belief, not mine" Velma retorts. "My generation, we only got one thing on our minds.."

New Location: Jones' Manor

"..solving mysteries and building traps" Fred says as he ties his ascot in a mirror.

"That's two things, Fred" his dad says from behind him, causing Fred to turn around, having finishing tying the ascot.