1.0 - Beware The Beast From Below, Part One

(A/N: Now we can get on to the juicy and fun part of this story, basically the entirety of Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated. Honestly, this is going to be both crazy and fun to write at the same time, especially since you know, Xavier being in the mix, as well as the Monstrous Freak (from "Nightmare In Red".. yes, you've got a monster that appears in the second season appearing this early in the fanfic in the last chapter, "Urban Twilight") and Montoya (hope you're all wondering exactly who this character is), means that things most likely won't ever be the same for Crystal Cove going forward. Then again, when exactly was this town ever normal? Either way, things are definitely about to get absolutely spooky, that's for sure. So enjoy!)

Previously on the Destroyer's Successor:

"Okay.. Professor Pericles is still in his cell.. the cameras aren't playing tricks on us again.. fantastic.. at least I can relax easy.."

"The full moon tonight.. I wonder what curiosities will come to Crystal Cove this time.."

"Full moon tonight. Hopefully, this disguise should be able to cause enough mayhem, fright, and tourist causing attraction for this town that no one will dare try to stop me from getting away with my plan."

"All the players in place.."
"the fun on at last.."
"Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.."
"..the curse begun once more at last."

Tuesday

As the sun began to shine over Crystal Cove, the members of Mystery Incorporated began to rise and shine out of their beds and get ready for school, as did Xavier, Cheryl, Mia and Brenda, unaware of the chain of events that they were about to see themselves on.

In the sewers below Crystal Cove, a trio of construction workers was hard at work. Well.. two of them were working, that is. The third guy was just busy eating a Fruitmeir's Smoothie.

"Marcus, quit eating the smoothie and get back to work!" shouted one of the workers.

Marcus doesn't and starts to lean back up against a wall. "You sure you guys don't want any of this Fruitmeir's smoothie? It's very delic-aaaaahh!" He ends up screaming as the wall he was leaning on suddenly gave way, and he falls through it.

"What the-? Which one of you broke that wall?" shouted the worker who had yelled at Marcus to get back to work.

"Dude, Maxson.. I barely touched it" Marcus replied, getting back up with Maxson's help before turning around and being amazed at his new surroundings.

"Is this another sewer?" asked the third worker.

"Impossible, Ray! There's only one sewer, and we're in it.. unless.." Maxson says back, before realizing exactly where they were.

"..we've broken into another dimension?" Marcus asks.

"No, idiot.." Maxson snaps back. "We've busted through to one of the old Crystal Cove caves."

"Didn't those kids go missing in one of these caves back then?" Ray asks, remembering that mysterious moment from back then.

"From what I've heard, yeah they did.." Maxson replies, as the three workers start to venture deeper into the cave. "They never found them. No one knows what happened to them down here.. one day they're in town, the next just gone without a trace."

At this point, Marcus lets out a yell.

"I think I see something!" he shouts, causing Maxson to whack him on the head.