Jake

I was slouched in my seat during Professor Clarke's class, half-listening to her waffling while the other half of me was seething with anger and drowning in disappointment. Failing a class is the worst, especially with a crucial hockey match on the horizon. It feels like life just keeps throwing curveballs at us, doesn't it?

After class, I bolted out of there and made my way to the coffee bar to meet up with Alex before practice. But Professor Clarke's request for a meeting in her office left me feeling both frustrated and curious. What on earth could she want to talk about?

When Clarke suggested Sophia's assistance in studying, I couldn't help but feel a bit embarrassed. I was used to relying on my athletic abilities, never expecting to need help from someone like Sophia. But if it meant getting back on the ice, I was willing to give it a shot.

As I was heading back to my apartment after a long day of learning and practice, I told Alex about the meeting with Professor Clarke. Surprisingly, he already knew what it was going to be about! Apparently, Ella and Sophia had mentioned it to him. It's funny how I've never spoken to Sophia before, let alone met her. I heard she's an introvert who studies 24/7 and does music. That's probably why our paths haven't crossed.

"Damn, how am I going to be tutored if I  have no way of contacting her?" To my surprise, Alex says, "Actually, I can give you her number." He proceeds to give me her number, and I text her to set up our tutoring sessions after classes at the library.

Hold on, why do you have her number? I'm a bit confused. I respond, "It's an emergency contact for my girl, in case she's too drunk. Just a safety precaution, nothing more." Alex says.

Alright, mate! Sounds like a reasonable explanation. I say sitting down on the side of my bed thinking of how to text.

Me: Hi Sophia! 👋🏼

Delivered

I turn to Alex with a mischievous grin and say, "Alright, mate! Let's see what she says back.
This could be interesting!"