Sophia

Sitting at my desk, yawning and struggling to create my song, I sigh and mutter, "I need inspiration." As I sip my energy drink, my phone pings, and I see a text from an unknown number. Confused, I read, "Hi Sophia!" My heart races as I type back, "Who is this and how did you get my number?" The text comes in, "Oh hey, sorry if I scared you. It's Jake. Jake Anderson. Professor Clarke talked about you tutoring me. I got your number off Alex as I needed to contact you about our arrangements, as I really need to ace this makeup test."

Relieved to know who it is, I reply, "Oh, hey Jake! You definitely startled me there. No worries though. I'll do my best to help you ace that makeup test. When would you like to start?"

Jake replies with, "Let's meet up at the library tomorrow afternoon to start studying. I'll bring my notes and textbooks, and we can come up with a game plan to get me back on track. Looking forward to working together!

I type back with, "Sounds like a plan, Jake! The library tomorrow afternoon it is. I'll bring my study materials too."

Jake replies, "Great! Looking forward to it. Thanks for agreeing to help me. Have a good night, Sophia!"

I respond, "You're welcome, Jake! I'm happy to help. Have a restful night too! See you tomorrow!"

As I finish typing, I start feeling sleepy too. I decide to turn my phone off and put my guitar and songbook aside. Time to rest and recharge.