20

AN AUTANMAMA BOOKS COLLECTION
WRITTEN BY: khadyjatt

DECEPTION

CHAPTER  20

JANNAH

Sometimes we go around doing things without care of how that would hurt someone, Jannah was straight forward and Open to Adil that she doesn't see him that way and that she wished she could feel that way but she doesn't see him like that, to her surprise he was okay with it he didn't frown nor got upset in fact he dropped her home teased her and go on like normal before he left, she hasn't set her eyes on him since then which was 3days ago, although he assure her he was okay and nonetheless promised to come visit her today, she was washing that morning when mama walk in with the heavy duffle bag making her to furrow her brow.

"Adil or what's his name said I should bring it to you, he said he's in a hurry and that he would call you."Mama say lifting the heavy bag and enter the apartment with it as Jannah quickly enter to,
She didn't even open the bag and decide to call him first which he answer in the first ring.

"Adil you didn't even wait to see me what's the rush?
What's in the bag?"she ask as her junior sister start to open the bag making her to slapped her hand.

"Sorry wlh I was late my flight would soon take off, they are all yours I'm gonna be off for some time hope you won't missed me too much?"he say and she isn't seeing him but his voice was hoarse and it just doesn't blend in with the free spirited Adil she know.

"Is everything ok?

"Yeah,
Just take care of yourself and make sure you always remain happy, put yourself first in everything, everything is yours in that bag, I hope they will be useful to you, we are about taking off bye."he cutvtje call and Jannah remove the phone from her ear and stare weirdly at the screen, shaking off all negative thought Adil is sometimes just too complicated, she dragged the bag to her front and zipped it open, the first thing she saw was a bundle of  1000naira note with a note wrapped on it,
I know how much you want your brother jibrin to go back to school, I hope this would suffice him to do so, she dropped it aside and shake her head with a chuckle, there are perfumes, toiletries, a familiar gown she once told him she liked, An a phone with for your sister written on it she dropped that aside and sigh, she grab her phone and try his contact but not reachable so she dropped it disappointedly.
Bunch of stuffs she won't even need and she just shake her head at Adil extravagance, this past two months with him she certainly benefited more than she could imagine and if she decline he got upset and leave the stuff or ask her to give it out, Adil is just complicated the only thing he would never give her is his beloved Coke especially if he didn't offered her, never as she someone obsessses like Coke in her entire life, Coke is his water he called it Life, she laugh nostalgically at the memories and decide to sort the things out, she gave mama the phone which the girl nearly strangle her all in the name of hug, she also gave Jibril his money which he said he would write jamb and start a barbing saloon to support himself if he gets admission, afternoon came by so those evening and 12 am in the night Jannah find herself restless she tried Adil contact but switch off, she wonder where he went to, she's curious and she kept thinking until sleep knocked her out.

The next thing she does the next day when she wakes up was to try Adil contact which ring but no one answer, she was a bit relief so she went on with her say perfectly but when the sunset and no calls from him and his contact switch off Jannah become worried never did she know she would be once again knocked by another unending misery.