.•.You were right.•.

•"You were right

.•"You were right." Was the first thing Edward said while looking at Mina, as he entered the living room where all the Cullens waited for him to come back from dropping Bella off at home.

"I'm right about a great many things Edward." She said, already knowing what he was talking about but needing him to finally say it out loud.

"I should have never brought her into this life, our lives." He said dejectedly as he stood with his eyes cast down and his back slumped.

Mina scoffed, "What did you think was going to happen Edward." She said, not an ounce of sympathy for him in this moment. "It was pretty obvious from the start that she shouldn't have been with you," she continued, not taking her eyes off the boy.

"Come on, why don't we calm down." Carlisle said, trying to keep the peace, but was interrupted by Rosalie.

"Not she's right, What did you think was gonna happen Edward?" Rosalie asked this time. She wanted so bad to use the good old, 'i told you so', but restrained herself.

The rest of the siblings, minus Alice who had always been team Edward and Bella, were just as confused as to what Edwards mindset about his courtship with Bella was. He didn't want to turn her, so what was his end goal? She was never gonna be completely safe around them, that was a given, so what was he thinking.

"Did you think that she would safe and sound around us?" Mina asked, a patronising tone in her voice. "For someone who claims that you want her to live a normal human life, you failed to realise that by bringing her into yours she would never have a normal human life." She continued with a humourless chuckled. "Did you think she'd want to go to college, get a job, get married and have kids, when she knew there was a way to become a good looking, powerful immortal. Come one Edward be fucking for real."

Edwards melancholia quickly turned to anger as he turned to the hybrid, "i just wanted to be with her okay, I can't change her, she can't be like us." He said bitterly.

"Like us?" Rosalie scoffed, "you don't want her to be like us, yet you let her be with you?" She asked.

"Make it make sense Edward." Mina finished off Rosalie's Thought. "The girl clearly loves you and wants to be with you, there is never gonna be a way that she'll be with you safely if she isn't like us." She said with frustration lacing her voice.

"I told you before that this whole situation isn't just about you, now you've dragged Jasper down too." Mina continued. Jasper sat in silence, feeling guilty about almost killing the girl. Mina didn't feel guilty at all, she knew what she was and what came with it, she didn't carry the same burden of guilt that Jasper was currently feeling.

"Let's just change her, and everybody wins." Emmet said trying to lessen the tension.

"I second that thought. right now, she's a liability to us all." Beverly said, agreeing with her husband. Rosalie visibly deflated at the thought of Bella's human life ending, but she knew they didn't have an option. Mina put her hand on her thigh and gave it a light squeeze.