.•.After.•.

•Somehow, against all odds, Edward, Bella and Carlisle evaded death

.•Somehow, against all odds, Edward, Bella and Carlisle evaded death. The Volturi just let them waltz out of there and live to see another day.

"You've gotta give it to them." Mina started, a faraway look in her here as she lightly shook her head, "they've somehow managed not only to attract deadly events but also survived them in such a short period of time."

"True." Rosalie said as she played with fiddled with her wife's hand, occasionally playing with Mina's wedding band, "I've been a vampire for 71 years and we've never faced as much trouble as when those two got together." She finished off.

The Cullen siblings and Esme all sat in the living room awaiting the return of the trio who came back from Italy. Bella was supposed to go home first, but the human insisted on having a Cullen family meeting. Where she got the balls to call a Cullen family meeting when she wasn't one of us, we may never know, but nevertheless the meeting was called.

Return they did. The Cullens plus Bella all congregated in the Cullen living room. Edward looked like shit in Mina's opinion, but she didn't say it out loud though she knew Edward had heard her thoughts when he slightly scowled at her.

"Okay, you all know what I want." Bella said, a look of pure determination. "And you all know how much I'm asking for, so I think we should all just vote." She continued.

"You don't know what your-." Edward started, trying to get Bella to change her mind, but was interrupted by Bella telling him to shut up which made Beverly, Emmet and Mina side eye each other and snicker.

"Alice?" Bella asked.

"I already consider you my sister." Alice said as she left Jaspers side to embrace Bella, "yes." She continued, making Bella quietly thank her.

"I vote yes." Began Jasper as he stood stiffly where Alice had left him, "it would be nice to not want to kill you all the time." He continued with a slight chuckle.

"I'm sorry." Rosalie said as she stood leaned into a pillar, Mina as always stood dutifully at her side. "I'm really grateful that you were brave enough to save my brother." She said, though when she said the word 'grateful' Mina caught the subtle strain in her voice. "But this isn't the life I had chosen for myself, and I wish there had been someone to vote no for me." She continued sadly, making Mina kiss her hand in understanding.

"I vote hell yeah." Emmet said as he gave Bella a bear hug, breaking the somber tension.

They all turned to Beverly, who sighed and simply uttered, "whatever." Unenthusiastically, it was safe to say she was over this whole thing that Edward had caused, if it took Bella becoming one of them, for her peace to return then so be it.