Chapter: 13 Thirteen

Adalyn

Tatum has had to stay in her room everyday all day for she was getting worse and worse to a point she was always tired. I had been visiting her every day after school and spending time with her to keep her company.

The twins and I stared at the raindrops that fell down the window. We would each pick a raindrop out of three and watch them go down to see which raindrop wins the mini race the raindrops were having.

The twins loved this game and I enjoyed playing with them because it brought joy to their faces. I wore the bracelet Theo gave me at the hospital around my wrist and I have been wearing everyday since.

London and Noah walked into the twins room and they walked up to us. "Let's play broken telephone." London suggested and we all walked away from the window and sat in the middle of the room in a circle.

Theo stood by the door his arms crossed as he looked at us. "Theo, join us please. You don't have to play you can just sit with us." Tilly asked him and he did not even hesitate as he walked up to us and sat next to me where there had been an open spot.

"I will start." Tatum said and she whispered into Tilly's ear who then whispered what Tatum had told her to London, then London whispered what Tilly told her to Noah, then Noah whispered what London had told him to me. I breathed in then said what I heard aloud, "Sugarland fun time."

"No. That's not what i said." Tatum giggled. "I said Addy has pretty eyes." She said and I smiled at her. "They look like honey." She continued.

"Thank you Tatum. Now its my turn."

We continued playing until it began getting dark out. "I have to get going now guys. We will play some more tomorrow." I said getting up from the floor.

Theo got up as well and sent me a text.

Theo :I will walk you home.

"Thank you, Theo." I thanked him and we walked out of the twins room and made our way downstairs then I said goodbye to his parents before we walked out the house.

We walked in silence to my house as a little bit of rain fell from the sky but it was not bad enough to make us wet.

We reached my house and i walked up to the front door before i entered the house i turned around and looked at Theo then waved him goodbye and smiled at him he waved back and supprisingly he smiled back before turning around and walking away before i could say anything.

That had been the first time i saw him smile and his smile is one to remember.

I walked into the house and was met by my mother crying as she sat next to a box labeled ' sweet memories ' .

"Mom?" I walked up to her and she quickly wiped away her tears and looked up at me. "Hi dear, how was your day? " She asked me.

"Mom that's besides the point. What's wrong?" I asked her and she sighed. "I found this box underneath my bed and I began looking through it. It has all the memories from when I met your father when we were your age to   when your father fell sick."

"I remember the day your father died like it was yesterday. I was devastated and was not ready to look after you all by myself." She continued. "I remember that day aswell. I was confused as to why dad left me and was to not come back."

"And Mom you did great raising me all by yourself the past seven years and dad would be proud of you." I said as I got up and helped her up aswell.

I hugged her and then made my way upstairs to my room. I got in and closed the door behind me and walked up to my desk and sat down then began doing my homework for an hour.

After i had finished doing my homework i walked up to my bed a layed down then my mind drifted to Theo's smile. He had actually smiled and not a slight smile a full warm smile. A real smile.