5. Downfall

Athena

Athena

It was a gorgeous sunny day in LA this morning, I grabbed my favorite mango smoothie from the coffee bar across the street from our place and made my way down to the beach to sit. I watched as the families came with their children and massive floaties, moms chasing their kiddos around and dads struggling with the chaotic items they just HAD to bring with them. I reminisced about the times that Julia used to take me on vacations, or on fun camping trips. She always would struggle getting stuff from the car, spilling things by accident and laughing at herself for being such a Clutz. Time really does move fast, and you never know what can happen.

I was waiting to hear from Clara, as her and I needed to head to the mall to find a gift for Hobi's birthday this weekend. She had planned a surprise party for him at our place and invited god only knows how many people. She was such a people person, I always wished I was like that. She always was structured but filled with disarray at all times, perfectly chaotic I'd describe her.

I continued to drink my drink and smile at the people in front of me, as I put my toes in the warm white sand. I kept remembering the night Jimin and I shared only mere hours ago, he dropped me off at home early this morning, holding my hand the entire drive and kissed me gently on the cheek before I left him. I thought I'd be able to go about my day and not think about it, but I couldn't. He was a part of me now, even if it was just a sliver. He made me feel like I was on top of the world and sitting by myself hours later, I could still feel him all over and running through me.

I missed him.

I didn't know what to say, I couldn't say much to him before I left the car. It was as if my mouth and throat were missing, like they closed up and vanished. My stomach has yet to unclench, my memory to unfog. I was in a constant state of bliss and hell. I told him I trusted him back, but I didn't. I didn't trust anybody, not even myself. I saw the way J.K looked at me, and how Jimin did, there was such a vast important difference to it. But yet, I couldn't hang on to either of them without wanting to run for the hills. Something is different in me; I know that I am not the same person I thought I was since I met them. Things are brighter, louder and warmer. Music is louder, the sky is clearer, just so different. No matter how many times I try to shake the thought of him, I can't. I don't know if I ever could, would I even want to?  Is he making me feel like this?

I wanted so desperately to ask him more questions, like why he felt the need to hide away from the world, was he okay? Did he need help? Was he a liar? I know his eyes were a cover up, but for what? I chose to not dwell on those things anymore, as I didn't even know if I'd ever see him again. Maybe it was only for one night, maybe it was to show me that I could feel again, so I could be treated like I mattered. Treated fairly, and then let go. Maybe that's all it was. If so, I hope that I made him feel the same and that I helped him feel happiness and safety, just for mere moments. Sometimes small blips in our stories, mean the most in the end. Right?