27. Closer To You

**This chapter contains mature subject matter**
⚠️

**This chapter contains mature subject matter**⚠️

Blue - Jackson Wang
🎵

I gasped as I sat up, choking out water as I held my hand to my chest. Opening my eyes to the roaring waves of the black ocean, slamming into the sand where I sat. Leaving stinging whip marks along my pale skin, I shivered as I held my arms around me tight.

Usually I wake higher up the bank, but each time I leave myself I seem to get closer and closer to the voices that surround me.

And deeper into the waters edge.

I try to move, try to get up and stand. But I can't. I am cement where I sit as the tide rises and slams into me harder and harder. The wind continues to get knocked out of me as I fall to my side and try to grip the sand as much as I can. Searching for a rock, branch, anything embedded that I can hold onto.

Nothing.

The night sky is clear, no stars no clouds just the moon and me. The icy wind licks against my arms and face, making me wince as I continue to choke and inhale the ice water as it hits me.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT!" I scream at the top of my lungs as loud as I can muster. The waves slightly ease up as I'm met with silence. "MY SISTERS PLEASE, please... please help me!"

The silence was louder than I ever could imagined as the roaring rapids became instantly still. Leaving my chest heaving with adrenaline and fear. I slowly tried to get up again, still cemented to the ground. I was forced to listen now, forced to see.

Whispers began to whoosh around me, filling every bit of my senses, hitting every pore in my skin. The weight of their voices, causing ripples in the air and feeling like I was sitting next to a speaker. Vibrations flow through me as my vision blurs, I don't feel the wind anymore or the water.

All I hear are voices.

"Atheeeeena."

"Athenaaa."

Whispers. Whispers. Fucking whispers.

Voices so loud my ear drums feel like they're on the verge of bursting. I felt like now was a good time to ask the questions I needed answers for.

The ones I needed to know.

"I call upon my sisters, my sisters of this water. The ocean, our home. Please deliver me guidance, answers and reasons. Please help me on my fight, please help me find the truth."

The whispers getting louder as I cover my ears due to the pressure, I was right about to give up when everything suddenly stopped.

Silence.

A clear siren like voice shot out of the depths and startled me to my core. "My sweet dear sister Athena, what brings you home so soon? Share with me your needs and worries."