24. Welcome Home

**This chapter contains mature subject matter.**

Sanctuary - Joji 🎶

Sanctuary - Joji
🎶

Moving on is never easy, neither is moving out.

"Do we really need this many boxes of dishes Clara?" I asked as I turned my lip up at the 4 boxes sitting in the kitchen already full.

"Yes? There's a box of crystal sets, a box of party sets, a box-"

"Okay, sorry I asked!" I laughed as she flipped me off.

I grabbed the roll of packing tape and began to tape them all up as she took a break and poured another mimosa. When I was finished I leaned against the island counter and started remembering everything that had now become a memory. This was my first apartment in LA, my first roommate. We've shared so much that last few years together, gone through so much. Change is good and god knows we both need it, but the pit in my gut says otherwise.

"Lost in thought babe?" Clara asked as she poured herself another glass of champagne and orange juice.

"Nah, just going to miss it here I think."

She sat down at the counter and stared at me, eyes lazily drifting. "Clar? Maybe slow down on those, it's 9:30 in the morning." I laughed as she flipped me off. again, "Yeah, I know but let me live we're wolves now, and men have caused us too much heartache lately. It's good to let loose."

Before I could agree with her, the doorbell rang through my phone. Puzzled I looked at her before answering it, "Oh! Hobi is here! Sorry I forgot to tell you!"

I let him in as she rushed over to the front door, feeling guilty that we haven't seen him in awhile I was really looking forward to hugging him again. I knew we had to tell him what was going on, he deserved to know the truth. Being "sick" or needing a "vacation" wasn't cutting it anymore. Thankfully a few weeks back, I had the wall and floor redone so it looked brand new again.

Clara moved back in after we left Jimin's almost a month ago, she moved herself out of Yoongis and kept the car. We didn't hear about it, nor did she care if they tried to take it back. It was hers she decided, "for her trouble." His house did go up for sale though, but we haven't been back to check if it had officially sold.

Not a day had gone by that I hadn't thought about Jimin. I thought seeing J.K that night would've confused me again, but once we left I dried my tears and didn't think about it again. He was right, I knew in my heart that him and I could never be together. I knew it when we first met too, but I chose to ignore it. I just think at the time I wanted to feel something, and although Jimin made me feel important and cared for and most importantly loved. There was that dark side of me that continued to crawl back to J.K over and over again.