32. Missing Link

**This chapter contains mature subject matter**
⚠️

**This chapter contains mature subject matter**⚠️

Bad Omens - Just Pretend.
🎶

Taehyung

All that kept me going in this moment was survival.

The shakiness of my breath echoing around me as I quickly moved myself throughout the bushes. Jagged edged branches scraped my forearms and the sides of my legs, my movements were slow and forced as I was running off adrenaline only now. I held onto my right side, pressing into my wound as my vision blurred. They were on their way to find me again, chase me, make me suffer just like before. They found me in my wolf form, cornering me over and over and beating and taunting me until I succumbed to exhaustion. No longer did I have the energy to keep turning to get away.

My darkness helped to heal me usually, but not this time. Why not this time? Was it time now? Have it finally come for me?

I finally slowed myself down to rest my body against a tree. The forest was black now, I couldn't see anything around me. I coughed so hard I tasted the metal in my mouth, wiping the streak of blood off with the back of my hand. I was dying from the poison now, I was sure of it. But I had to keep going, keep going until I got to him first. I pushed myself up and off the tree, looking both ways and started walking through the darkness as quick as my limp would allow.

Rustling sounds followed close behind me as I paused. I felt eyes around me, I knew they were just waiting for the perfect time to strike me again. They would never get the truth from me, ever. I was never around love before in life, never had a family to give me affection. Never new anything other than suffering. Torturing would just be a familiar form of what love turned out to be for me, and I wouldn't sell out my brother to anyone.

Not even the devil.

If they were going to kill me, I was taking every single one of them down with me dead or alive.

My head was throbbing as my breathing weakened, my limbs starting to numb as my heart beat worked in overdrive to keep me going. "Just a little bit longer." I thought to myself. "I just have to find him first."

I saw a small glimpse of a headlight in the distance, breathing a sigh of relief. My pace quickened a bit as I pushed myself to cross a vast field up ahead, when I tripped on something just ahead of me. Pain shot up from my bare foot as cuts and scrapes were building on my graying skin. I landed hard onto the wet ground and grunted as everything felt heavy and excruciating, the air escaping my lungs as I raised my hands to my head to try and level myself out again.

My blurry vision going black in spots, I was losing consciousness and dreading the final black out. I was done for if that happened, I couldn't do it. I had to keep going. I mustered the strength to prop myself on my forearm to catch my breath when a dark shadow suddenly appeared over me.